• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge United v Exeter City FA Cup 2nd Round Prediction & Discussion Thread (audio commentary only - NO VIDEO STREAM)

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Why the fook are ITV showing the scum live again, surely there should be some ruling that the TV companies share the coverage around the EFL and not plough the money into a cluster of three towns which calls itself a city, in desperate need of regeneration
Even more baffling why they are showing Salford again

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even more baffling why they are showing Salford again
The media love Salford, it does my head in. Nobody cares who their owners are.

andrew p long

Team line up? Another 'three games in a week' with two league games on the Tuesday and Saturday after this game.

But I think, having rested Collins,Jay,Nombe,Caprice,Ray from the starting line up last night that they (plus Sweeney if fit) will all return.

The main change from the usual starting line up to be Amond for Jevani Brown (Brown has played a lot of consecutive games recently)

Grecianpasty

Team line up? Another 'three games in a week' with two league games on the Tuesday and Saturday after this game.

But I think, having rested Collins,Jay,Nombe,Caprice,Ray from the starting line up last night that they (plus Sweeney if fit) will all return.

The main change from the usual starting line up to be Amond for Jevani Brown (Brown has played a lot of consecutive games recently)
Has it been established whether Amond is available to play in the cup for us yet?

wiveygrecian

Has it been established whether Amond is available to play in the cup for us yet?
Yes he said on Twitter he is available now .

andrew p long

I don't think so. I'm working on the basis that a) what others have said about first round unavailability is right (not eligible for initial game because Newport were still in the Cup and he might just be needed in the third round onwards; and not eligible for replays even after Newport knocked out because eligibility for replays is dependent on eligibility for the first game and b) as Newport are now out they are unlikely to object to Amond becoming cup tied in this round

PS just seen Wivey's post

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great news Wivey - where on Twatter was that ?

Oldsmobile-88

Grecianpasty

With the Northampton game on Tuesday being a big game itself, I'd expect a different line up once again.

Personally, I'd like to see stubbs play again. That may be the case depending on where Sweeney is fitness wise.

I'd imagine the he will play his favoured 3-5-2-1-2 away from home. Especially if Jay starts. In which case I'd expect to see Caprice starting. I'd be suprised if Key plays the whole game. Amond should really start considering his form. I'm gonna go with

Dawson,
Key, Sweeney, Ray, Hartidge, Caprice,
Collins, Dieng,
Jay,
Amond, Nombe

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dawson,
Key, Sweeney, Ray, Hartidge, Caprice,
Collins, Dieng,
Jay,
Amond, Nombe
I agree; on balance that is probably our current strongest starting 11. A bit short on width but it's a sacrifice you need to make to have two up front.