• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cambridge. Away - a special game

Steve H

This will be my first away game since the Wembley victory but this will be more special

I travelled to a few away games in my youth, from Grimsby to Lincoln to Forest Green and others but as the older members of Exeweb Will appreciate marriage and children can mean the occasional home game is now the norm

However tomorrow I will travel with my daughter for the first time. Now 16 I'm proud she's chosen City as her team (girl's can be as big a glory hunter as any boy). She understands the. Club is a bit 'different' and the highs will be few and short lived but that doesn't seem to worry her.

So tomorrow we will cheer on our boys decked out in our red and white scarves and hopefully by May we can have another day out at Wembley...

UTC

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Excellent. Took my daughter to Tranmere for her first City match and she loved it, still a fan now but Uni and boyfriend take precedence.

Hope you have a great day out.

Legohead

Banned
Good stuff Steve. Hope you all have a great day out and a City win to round off the day.

Steve H

Cheers Billy and Legohead, fortunately she's been to enough home matches in the last few years that her expectations aren't too unrealistic !!!!

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can be a bit of a sentimental **** but i like this kind of post. Let's hope it turns out to be a great day out for you all.

denzel

I'm not sure that the definition of a glory hunter is a trip to the Abbey Stadium, but good for her anyway

Rog H K

My Daughters 1st game was away to Accrington Stanley. Glory hunter aye!:D.
Only about 3 months old and in here car sea,t so she went in kicking and screaming!

fred binneys head

Well done Steve, you're a good dad.

Banksy

Good on you Steve , family are important. Enjoy your day together , and let's hope the lads conjure up a City win for you both.

Steve H

Well the result was poor but the day out was fun.... The Sun shone, the pubs were good and met some great supporters on the train up (including some who I believe lurk here on Exeweb). Apparently carrying a bottle opener is very useful!

Sure we will be doing some more away days next season