• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Calling all computer geeks

loobygrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
As many of you may know, there has been a virus/worm making its way round facebook - unfortunately my account got targeted and sent a message out to some of my friends on there - i am now unable to reset my password even though i have been sent an email explaining how to do this - am still unable to log in and am also unable to respond to the email that facebook sent me asking me to confirm my email address - any help greatly appreciated on this matter, ta very muchly! :)

Joshyd123

Set up a new account because your existing account doesn't work? ;)

Jim Shepherd

Try deleting your facebook cookies and checking thay any anti virus/internet security software hasn't registered facebook as a no go area.

manc grecian

Have you turned it on and off?

Swanaldo

check that any anti virus/internet security software hasn't registered facebook as a no go area.
Since facebook changed recently, it has a new security certificate which your browser may not recognize. When you go to the site does it say www.facebook.com or www.new-facebook.com ?

It may be worth trying to access facebook via an old e-mail, if you have any floating around your hotmail...?

ECFC Nursey!

RIP to City's number nine. Sleep tight love
*Q the abuse *- you are a wind up merchant Mr P :p

Swanaldo

Here, don't get technical. When I asked looby to delete her cookies, she disappeared into the kitchen for 20 minutes.