• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Did you do maths at school?
What's Maffs ?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
A clear sign that Caldwell has turned it around with his last transfer window.I said at the time whatever comes from that is down to him.He had to deliver or we were in grave danger of being relegated and he did.

Attachments

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remember regular anti-Tisdale posters who, after he left, were barely visible on here. It's good that they have this outlet to get it off their chest and make them feel better though.
Anyone seen Mr Jinx on an MDT recently?

Guffaw

We8Argyle

Did you do maths at school?
Are you familiar with the concept of time and the word “currently”?

Oldsmobile-88

We've got super gary caldwell
Loved your Twitter post/caption 😁😁

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A clear sign that Caldwell has turned it around with his last transfer window.I said at the time whatever comes from that is down to him.He had to deliver or we were in grave danger of being relegated and he did.
I think, looking back, this is the key point. The performances at Fleetwood and Bolton were so bad that it was very difficult to see how things were going to improve. I'm not sure Gary ever stated it publicly but it felt like his only hope was somehow to get through to January and make the most of the transfer window which he has done spectacularly well.

fred binneys head

Are you familiar with the concept of time and the word “currently”?
Apologies, I didn’t see the time you posted that. A large slice of humble pie duly eaten 👍

C j phill

With the benefit of hindsight, and in terms of next season, the learning from this season seems to be that the management team can "spot a player" and we have to trust the management team's philosophy, in terms of style of play, with judgement on success/failure to be determined at the end of the season, not at the mid point.

suffolklad

To have this thread title at this point in the season given the overall success is frankly insulting to the Board, Management and Players.

Spoonz Red E

To have this thread title at this point in the season given the overall success is frankly insulting to the Board, Management and Players.
I disagree for these reasons:
  • The thread title has a question mark.
  • The poll is binary and the end result says Caldwell should stay.
  • Social media threads are both fluid and archival - changing the title denies the history of the thread.
  • The thread has been a useful barometer and various posts along the way are snapshots of the voting at particular times.
  • If you read the recent posts Caldwell is being praised and there have been some mea culpas.
  • Caldwell himself has seen the funny side by posing in a 'Caldwell Out Out' T-shirt.
  • The thread as a whole is a useful reminder that medium and longer term outcomes can fly in the face of instant 'solutions'.
  • A thread that started with the post "Needn’t say more" has had almost 9,000 posts all prompted by visits to the thread with the title as it stands.