• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't really remember the 12 passes that creates the goal, I do remember the outcome of a game.
With respect, then - you can't comment on football matches

May as well just follow on your chosen app

JGrecian23

I don't really remember the 12 passes that creates the goal, I do remember the outcome of a game.

Attractive football for me isn't imperative.

As for signings, I do trust GC, at least for now.
Each to their own. I remember the quality games of football that have entertained me where I've left proud of the team. That has barely happened under this manager. Scraping a 1-0 against Shrewsbury and Burton for example doesn't quite do it for me.

Rightly or wrongly I just feel less connected to this manager and this group of players. I hope that changes as it certainly reduces the enjoyment factor on matchday.

arthur

Each to their own. I remember the quality games of football that have entertained me where I've left proud of the team. That has barely happened under this manager. Scraping a 1-0 against Shrewsbury and Burton for example doesn't quite do it for me.

Rightly or wrongly I just feel less connected to this manager and this group of players. I hope that changes as it certainly reduces the enjoyment factor on matchday.
I'm glad you saw a 1 0 win over Shrewsbury. When I went I didn't see any goals at all..

JGrecian23

I'm glad you saw a 1 0 win over Shrewsbury. When I went I didn't see any goals at all..
I meant those type of crap games against crap opposition, rather than trawling back through exact results.

Kind of proves my point though, not very memorable 😀

denzel

Burton was an understandable 'scrape' given we played the second half with ten men. The spirit shown that afternoon was incredible.
It hasn't been great at times, but the key is that it's been improving. There's still an issue for me that the forward line isn't good enough, and we aren't scoring enough goals, but hopefully that can be rectified in the Summer

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
We must have slept through that bit

15 goals at home from 21 and 21 away from 20. Possibly better at counter attacking football than trying to break teams down?

roger wellman

I meant those type of crap games against crap opposition, rather than trawling back through exact results.

Kind of proves my point though, not very memorable 😀
Yeah well we can't play Brazil every week that would be boring.

Spoonz Red E

174 - 197
23 votes difference.
All it needs is ...

Grecian Max

I'm with you on finding the season a bit of a struggle to enjoy, however I think I'm starting to see the next team we'll take to as fans starting to take shape

Reece Cole is game by game becoming more of a talisman for us, Sonny is the local lad up front, Woods (if we can sign him up, I think we can) pulling strings in the middle...

If we can add to a reasonable base I can see more of a connection being built up - always difficult after a total revamp

I'm still wary that there's no guarantee we'll kick on next season, my gut says more of the same but there's plenty on here who believe we will so happy to wait and see

Screenshot 2024-04-02 at 14.16.56.png