• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
If you think the wins today and at Barnsley have been streaky or another meaning down to luck then you will never be a happy man. Enjoy the experience some of the football I have seen in the last few weeks has been some of the most enjoyable i have seen in 40 years. If you cant recognise a team playing well from one you claim are just lucky then possibly a trip to specsavers on monday may be needed :)
Reading comprehension seems to not be people's strong point right now - I also didn't say we were being lucky (though we definitely had the rub of the green against Wigan with the deflections ;)). Some managers lead teams that seem to run on momentum - nearly invincible when they've won a few, you wonder if they've seen a football before when they've lost a few.

The performances in this current run have been much, much better by all accounts but I'd certainly prefer to just be a good team rather than oscillating between excellent and shit

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
I love this club we truly are unique and as much as we hate the board they are bleddy genuises
Board members of any company are rarely geniuses - usually it's the staff's genius that the board can just take credit for :p

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reading comprehension seems to not be people's strong point right now - I also didn't say we were being lucky (though we definitely had the rub of the green against Wigan with the deflections ;)). Some managers lead teams that seem to run on momentum - nearly invincible when they've won a few, you wonder if they've seen a football before when they've lost a few.

The performances in this current run have been much, much better by all accounts but I'd certainly prefer to just be a good team rather than oscillating between excellent and shit
This is pretty much where I sit with it.

Do I want the board to sack Caldwell on Monday morning? No.

I don't think I'll ever be a huge Caldwell fan, I don't like his style of football and I think we will continue to be either good or terrible, but if that sees us safe in league 1 every year that's ok. Not every fan is going to worship every manager, that's life.

Grecianman135

There is so many trolls on here these days.... 🥴😂

tavyred

Very well known Exeweb poster
We’d all like us to be a good team with no runs of us being sh1t, but that would mean we’d be in the top few positions in the league and we ain’t good enough to be operating at that end of the table with our budgetary limitations. I’m personally quite excited now to see what GC and Marcus can do in the summer transfer window as they hopefully add to the already contracted players we have for next season.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
We’d all like us to be a good team with no runs of us being sh1t, but that would mean we’d be in the top few positions in the league and we ain’t good enough to be operating at that end of the table with our budgetary limitations. I’m personally quite excited now to see what GC and Marcus can do in the summer transfer window as they hopefully add to the already contracted players we have for next season.
On the budget point, GC is currently demonstrating that we can compete as a mid table League One side, picking up results against the very top teams. Which is what many of us suspected during those dark autumn months.

Does that prove our budget is competitive? Or is GC working miracles?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The big issue is that we aren’t in a good position in terms of contracted players - again. Hoping for some good news to come out of the club soon about that, go into March/April and I doubt many if any will sign a new contract based on what we’ve seen before

yticretexe

I think he means WLDWLD ending on 61 points rather than WDLWWWLWLLLLLLDLLDLDLWDLWLDWWLWW.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
The big issue is that we aren’t in a good position in terms of contracted players - again. Hoping for some good news to come out of the club soon about that, go into March/April and I doubt many if any will sign a new contract based on what we’ve seen before
And this is arguably the trade off. We can afford players who enable us to compete, but only on a short term basis (maybe).

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, if we're destined to finish in mid-table obscurity, GC is doing it in a way that keeps the season interesting.