• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

larrywilkie

He's probably got until the end of the season now for me. We seem to be exceptionally streaky under him and I don't think I'm ever likely to be a fan of his, but I will enjoy this form while it lasts.
So if we equal or better last seasons finish, you still want him sacked????

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
At this moment, they are being proven right and fair play, long may this recent form continue and long may the performance aspect of this recent form continue.

I still would say though, if we had fired him after Fleetwood or Bolton, no one now would be clamouring for him to return. In those moments after Fleetwood, if the board had fired him, it would have been completely justified and fair. Now whether this is by design or a fluke, at the moment it is working. At this moment fair play to the board.

But as we know with Caldwell's reign we are really patchy and we have huge parts of being really poor / unable to obtain results and then a month of exceptional. Lets hope this isn't just a month of exceptional followed by another huge poor part.
Let’s not forget there were reasons for that poor form in that on numerous occasions injury prevented him from selecting some his best players. People were also complaining about the quality of his signings so it is also time for him to be given the credit he deserves for the signings he has made and the way they have and are now performing and recognition that they are better quality than has earlier been suggested on here.

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
So if we equal or better last seasons finish, you still want him sacked????
That's not what I said. I've said I won't be calling for his head again until the end of the season (and will judge his performance then)

Matt Russell

That's not what I said. I've said I won't be calling for his head again until the end of the season (and will judge his performance then)
Not true.
You used the word "probably" which is somewhat different from "won't"

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caldwell out

on the lash in Wigan tonight. And deservedly so. Hope he can find a decent Northern Soul night in town.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caldwell out

on the lash in Wigan tonight. And deservedly so. Hope he can find a decent Northern Soul night in town.
Bit harsh, that.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not true.
You used the word "probably" which is somewhat different from "won't"
Probably would be the better word to put I would say as none of us actually know how it will all pan out.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's probably got until the end of the season now for me. We seem to be exceptionally streaky under him and I don't think I'm ever likely to be a fan of his, but I will enjoy this form while it lasts.
If you think the wins today and at Barnsley have been streaky or another meaning down to luck then you will never be a happy man. Enjoy the experience some of the football I have seen in the last few weeks has been some of the most enjoyable i have seen in 40 years. If you cant recognise a team playing well from one you claim are just lucky then possibly a trip to specsavers on monday may be needed :)

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you think the wins today and at Barnsley have been streaky or another meaning down to luck then you will never be a happy man. Enjoy the experience some of the football I have seen in the last few weeks has been some of the most enjoyable i have seen in 40 years. If you cant recognise a team playing well from one you claim are just lucky then possibly a trip to specsavers on monday may be needed :)
Not seen today's game, but I can't think of an occasion when an Exeter side have played better than first half at Barnsley, baring in mind quality of opposition. Could've been 3 or 4.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not seen today's game, but I can't think of an occasion when an Exeter side have played better than first half at Barnsley, baring in mind quality of opposition. Could've been 3 or 4.
I have seen us play since 1976 and cant remember except possibly Lincoln away in 1990 anything close to Barnsley