• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Just imagine if those reactionaries who wanted Gary out in January had got their way...
he should of gone after the Fleetwood debacle.

he’s an incredibly lucky man that he’s in the safest job in the country at Exeter.

the recent form buys him more time now of course and deservedly so but he shouldn’t of been given that time and wouldn’t of been given that time at 99% of clubs.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster

he’s an incredibly lucky man that he’s in the safest job in the country at Exeter.

the recent form buys him more time now of course and deservedly so but he shouldn’t of been given that time and wouldn’t of been given that time at 99% of clubs.
But has he not proven that actually he SHOULD have been given that time? Whatever 99% of clubs would do?

supernova

Funny how when he is given some wonga or financial room to bring in some attacking options our results pick up?!

Pobbop

and so many of those clubs would have been wrong and it would have cost them tons of money to change management.

Well done our club for being unique.😍

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Screenshot 2024-02-10 at 17.03.20.png

This button haunts me in my sleep

haka

Just imagine if those reactionaries who wanted Gary out in January had got their way...
City would have won every game, because that's what imaginary new managers always do. ;)

We don't need to do this after every game. All we know is that GC isn't leaving this season, and that's settled now, whatever people think could/should have happened before. It's done.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
View attachment 14782

Stay strong Max.

Radio Free Skaro

In answer to your first point , why? as that in hindsight clearly would have been the wrong decision.

We are only 5 places below the highest ever position in our history.

Just because 99% of other clubs would have operated in a certain way doesn't make it right!? We are Exeter City we do things differently!!

JGrecian23

View attachment 14782

Don't do it!!

Pobbop

City would have won every game, because that's what imaginary new managers always do. ;)

We don't need to do this after every game. All we know is that GC isn't leaving this season, and that's settled now, whatever people think could/should have happened before. It's done.

Only need to do it until it stops being funny, which isn't yet shirley?

Anyway I'm not a massive fan of Caldwell oddly, but as I say I fail to see the point of moving managers on until we're down, it's just short-termist, works every now and again but mainly just compounds problems.

I still haven't voted in the poll. if we get relegated I'll say yes, if not no.