• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Tbf We were never gonna get anything at Blackpool only 3 teams have beaten them at Bloomfield road all season.
Oh right, well then let’s just roll over as the result’s a foregone conclusion. Good job you’re not in charge, you’d be even worse than Caldwell.

Average Joe

Tisdale years mushed a lot of people's brains
I still feel sad that things left the way they did.

If Tisdale left three seasons earlier when Swansea called he'd have been a club hero.

GC will only he recognized for how poor we play

Grecian Max

If Tisdale left three seasons earlier when Swansea called he'd have been a club hero.

It was unfortunately a lot longer than three years but I agree he could have been an all time legend

JGrecian23

3 seasons? Try 6 or 7. The guy went on way too long and was even worse than this current clown. At least Caldwell hasn't resorted to blaming everyone but himself and bringing himself onto the pitch yet!

denzel

We won the last game though. Bit unfair this. Also, it's not Caldwell or the players categorising games as winnable or not.
But the first thing GC said in his interview was about Blackpool's home form. If any of that attitude was transmitted to the players we were beaten before we started.

Look at the Pompey game, we played for a point. Cheltenham and Orient have shown since that they are easily beatable.

It seems like we have an attitude of peaking for certain 'must win' games then playing entirely differently in others. And when we win a game, the pressure is off to sign players whilst our rivals are hoovering them up.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder what the chances are of a manager taking a club from top spot of a league to rock bottom in the same season?

C j phill

Wonder what the chances are of a manager taking a club from top spot of a league to rock bottom in the same season?
Quite high, if that team is a poor one, which has a blip of a very good, solid start, and then becomes what it is, a mediocre set of players, which suffers a run of injuries and has a manager who only uses Plan A, with players who can only execute Plan D.

ChardGrecian

Lose to Cambridge next week at home and Caldwell has to go immediately after the game. He will have been supported for 3 weeks of the window to make a difference but continues with same old boring predictable game plans and seems to have learned absolutely nothing since September.
Can’t see any players wanting to come to a sinking ship with a failing captain in location that involves lots of travel so need fresh approach to get best from players we have. Just look what Darrell Clarke has done at Cheltenham

Grecianman135

Gary Caldwell: "Hold my beer" 🍻

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
But the first thing GC said in his interview was about Blackpool's home form. If any of that attitude was transmitted to the players we were beaten before we started.
Ive been vocal on here about Caldwell's time being up, but we've got to be fair. This isn't boxing where everyone pretends they'll win no problem. It's normal for managers to talk about this stuff. We want straight talking or we don't? As for Pompey, I thought we did try to win. We're just not good enough going forward