• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is the big one..
plenty of ups and downs in the rollercoaster of life ....

tom_ecfc

Feel like we're due a win in Blackpool. Been a while.
I’m guessing your while, means never! 😉

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’m guessing your while, means never! 😉
In the 60s, I think?

We8Argyle

Will be a different kettle of fish at Blackpool…let’s all calm down!
Don’t let a good win get you down buddy!

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
We absolutely should've gotten rid by this point but hey, it's progress and I'd rather be winning games heading into the transfer window than losing them

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Don’t let a good win get you down buddy!
You’re just being silly and childish now. There’s not a person here (that’s not a snot rag having got lost from the banter base) that wants City to lose a game. Not one.

Everyone wants Gary to win matches and cement his position. No one will complain if we play like we did against Reading at home. No one will complain if we play like Fleetwood away, so long as we don’t lose.

Just stop being so silly, please.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I think it’s pretty safe to say now that Caldwell will be manager of ECFC until at least the end of this season.

i think he will keep us up, mainly down to how poor some of the other sides are rather than how good we are but in the end of the day that’s not his problem so that’s fair enough.

I’d like us to finish at least 14th so we don’t go backwards based on last season.

If we finish 14th without Stansfield , Nombe & Brown you would have to class that as success in the grand scheme of things.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I think it’s pretty safe to say now that Caldwell will be manager of ECFC until at least the end of this season.

i think he will keep us up, mainly down to how poor some of the other sides are rather than how good we are but in the end of the day that’s not his problem so that’s fair enough.

I’d like us to finish at least 14th so we don’t go backwards based on last season.

If we finish 14th without Stansfield , Nombe & Brown you would have to class that as success in the grand scheme of things.
Before the season I believed that staying up this year should be our target and if achieved would represent success. This was down to the significant departures from the squad which we were never going to be able to replace in one transfer window.

Then after losing Nombe and not replacing him (still don't think we will ever know what went on at the end of the window), this was still my view, despite having such a good start. I think this year we were always going to take a step backwards, but it was how far backwards would we go, and could we still find a way to stay up. Did I expect to go on such an abysmal run that we have been on......certainly not, and is GC lucky to still be in his job.......definitely yes!!

However; hopefully our form since Christmas continues and we do enough to find a way to stay up. Anything close to finishing 14th like last season in my opinion would be a far bigger achievement than last year and although some may disagree an overachievement.

As previously mentioned, this transfer window will ultimately play a massive part on whether we are successful or not. It is great to finally have Harris in the door (not you Ian) and he will certainly help! Sonny has done fantastically well to lead the line for us in recent games, but in reality he should be our 2nd/3rd choice striker that we have on our books. I would have liked a striker in by now, especially as we have known our problem since September 1st, but I would rather we get a quality addition in (hopefully two) that will actually help us and not have a 'panic' signing come in like Muskwe who will offer us very little. We have to get these signings right, but we also need them soon, so it really is a tough ask.

I do also think this is a big window for Marcus Flitcroft. I only hear great things about him from people that I trust, but it would seem that the majority of our better signings recently have been down to GC and his connections/contacts with players. Please no one go into a James Scott meltdown!! ;).

Hopefully Marcus and GC can really come through in this window and get some quality signings over the line which are definitely needed. If we get these right though, I still firmly believe we can/will stay up!!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Glad to see things are calming down in the hen house!

How about trying Aimson up front for a couple of games?

1b5fe168-5cb7-4d20-9410-272633a907f0.gif

Last edited:

tom_ecfc

Glad to see things are calming down in the hen house!

How about trying Aimson up front for a couple of games?

View attachment 14409
Apparently we’re signing someone called Fox….😉