• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

oldgoat

What can we do?
Protest , outside the ground , not pitch invasions etc , anything that will get publicity without any football penalty , what does your fan base think of him , not just the vocal ones

oldgoat

I’m interested to know if there were any mitigating factors at your respective clubs e.g. boardroom or financial turmoil?

Was there something not right as you’d lost your previous managers or did they go on to bigger jobs like Matt Taylor did with us?
No he just talked his way into a job

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
One thing is for sure, no longer are any of our players indispensable to the team. Swapping Sweeney, Aimson and Hartidge for Fitzwater, Diabate and Jules would offer a real freshness to the squad, and a kick up the backside to our defensive line. Play a team that don't concede. That's got to be the number one priority for Tuesday.
I think it will require a change of shape for that and I'm not sure Caldwell is prepared to forgo his principles. I think he needs to change to 4-5-1 now that he has somebody in Niskanen who can play the right back role properly. Push Hartridge out to left back, Sweeney and Aimson in the middle. In midfield Rankine down the right, Harper down the left with Carroll playing a holding role behind Trevitt and Kite and then play Wildschutt up front and get him running the channels to pull the centre halves around to create the space for the more attacking midfielders to exploit.

grecianfaniow

in the appleton days i remember going to the back of the old grandstand singing resign colin there was quite a few back then doing that and if i remeber he was dismissed quickly after that old Doble didnt fart about like the trust.

logman

Has he gone yet?

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Has he gone yet?
Are you and Max one of the same, asking a pointless question that you know the answer to before drawing breath to say it?

Doing nothing apart from collectively throwing our hands in the air and scream "It's so unfair" needn't be the answer, though it does fill pages of invective on here.

If the will of the wider Trust membership is to see the back of GC, the SGM will allow the Club Owners to have their say. Perhaps the poll on here does not reflect the opinions of the Trust as a whole, but the show of hands at the SGM will reflect democracy all within the powers of the constitution.
I see that we missed the opportunity of pulling the required signatures at the AGM to call a Special General Meeting and the mood has got worse since I posted the above message. We have a home game on Tuesday, so there might be more than 200 Trust members in attendance who's be happy to put their name to paper.

One solution might be putting an exercise book on the real ale bar in the Centrespot with a label on the front saying "the Trust Members who have signed this book wish to call a Special General Meeting at the earliest opportunity". Inside there are four columns, the first column headed Number, with rows underneath starting at 1, next 2 etc, so at a glance those that need to can see the requite number of members have signed. Second column "Name", Third column "Trust Membership Number" and Fourth column "Signature". All that is needed is sufficient members that want change to sign the book, then a venue, time and a suitably worded agenda/proposal

I am sure democracy is quite easy and as I hinted at before, if there are insufficient signatures or the popular opinion on here gets voted down, the so be it. Action like this, pitch-fork free, might focus the minds of those elected Trustees into something more than an endless vote of confidence,

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's hard enough to spin and manage 5-0, 6-0, 7-0 & 9-0 losses when form is average. Let alone when it is within the worst form in over 20 years.
Just the 8-0 defeat missing and it'll be a nap hand for GC!

Mid Devon Grecian

No he just talked his way into a job
What’s your experience of him? Are you a Spireite or Thistle fan?

I was hoping for something contextual in respect of the conditions at the previous clubs when he got the job.

Spireitein peace

I’m interested to know if there were any mitigating factors at your respective clubs e.g. boardroom or financial turmoil?

Was there something not right as you’d lost your previous managers or did they go on to bigger jobs like Matt Taylor did with us?
At the time of his appointment things were going wrong off the field but we ha Danny Wilson who was reaping the damage done by another poor manager in Dean Saunders. Wilson had no, or very little money, to spend and was replaced by GC when we were still outside the relegation zone. Much to Wilson’s amazement , GC was given money in January and complet lee it by signing unbelievably poor players. We got relegated and the next season had an awful start we never recovered from, when GC was sacked the damage had been done.