• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 227 59.6%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.4%

• Total voters
Never in a million years would we go for someone like Warnock (nor him to us)

We should be looking at up and coming coaches in the non league who have a record of success but haven’t made the jump yet
Unlikely (but while we are playing fantasy-manager-merry-go-round) I’m surprised there’s been no mention of Dan Green. (Semi) fits this profile and ‘Knows the club’.

Last edited:

paperclip

I feel that the Board has to be brave here. The football on display is very poor, not entertaining in the slightest. I travelled down yesterday and it seems to me that I have a very depressing drive home in the dark time and time again.

Caldwell has to be sacked. Football is a results business and given the brand of football on display and defeats in 10 out of the last 12 games, there is simply no excuse for him to be staying.

I know I will be slammed for this, but I have no desire to go back to St JP anytime soon. I am not willing to spend the time and the money going to watch poor display after poor display.
Of the six ST holders I sit with in the Stansfield, only two of us went yesterday. The other four (who all live in Exeter) just couldn't be bothered. The football isn't enjoyable at the moment and it's becoming a chore even to turn up. Caldwell appears to be sucking the life out of the club and I really don't blame anyone who decided to give yesterday's game a miss. I wish I had. A 3,500 crowd tells it's own story.

AndyR

Look at the managers out there , Cowley brothers , Ainsworth , Barton 😂 to name a few , even Holden and Artell , do we stick or twist and how long do we let it slip , answers on a postcard please 🫣🫣
With the possible exception of Artell (although he would be just as big a risk as sticking with GC), I wouldn't want any of that lot.
I think Grecianpasty has it right at #648.

milts

Of the six ST holders I sit with in the Stansfield, only two of us went yesterday. The other four (who all live in Exeter) just couldn't be bothered. The football isn't enjoyable at the moment and it's becoming a chore even to turn up. Caldwell appears to be sucking the life out of the club and I really don't blame anyone who decided to give yesterday's game a miss. I wish I had. A 3,500 crowd tells it's own story.
Agreed. We (5 BB season ticket holders) went yesterday but were 50/50 and couldn’t really be bothered.

The football isn’t enjoyable and as soon as they scored everyone knew the game was done.

AndyR

Try the real ale bar before the match, it gives you a bit of insulation for the football:D

Smithyno6

I’m hoping Taylor gets the boot at the same time as Caldwell and he comes back. I genuinely enjoyed watching the teams Taylor put together and we had an identity. Like others have said, I have yesterday a miss also on the point I knew exactly how it would be. Project 6000 is going to be going away rather than happening whilst this continues. People need to remember the 6 games losing streak last year, put that together with this seasons form and I think Caldwell and Perkins are very lucky.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agreed - I meant in particular the sort of familiar names that people are bandying about. The sort of people who went into meltdown when Tis was appointed 🤣.
Bring in Jimmy Quinn asap

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unlikely (but while we are playing fantasy-manager-merry-go-round) I’m surprised there’s been no mention of Dan Green. (Semi) fits this profile and ‘Knows the club’.
I’d be very happy with this

Das Boot

"Although it's a terrible run we can't look at everything and say everything's bad," he (Mr Caldwell) told BBC Radio Devon.

I can.

paperclip

One of the many things that annoyed me yesterday was to my eye, 4-5 of the team simply didn't look interested and were going through the motions. I won't name them, but all were Caldwell signings.

If a manager can't motivate players properly then he should be moved on asap, and I am rapidly coming to the conclusion that the club would be better off without the present incumbent.