• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

ExmouthMart

I think it's a gradual realisation by the players that their manager doesn't have the ability to adapt or mix up the squad. The loss of faith be dissilusionment seems to be exponential with each passing game.
What like Taylor and his famous plan ’B’?! Plenty of dull plodding games with him and Tisdale before him…..

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don’t think it will happen personally, but how much would it cost in compensation to get rid of Caldwell?
If we couldn’t afford the cash ( apparently)to replace our centre forward in the window when it was so badly needed what chance is there of replacing the manager?
I genuinely think he thought we didn't need one. Massive balls up that will cost him.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
What like Taylor and his famous plan ’B’?! Plenty of dull plodding games with him and Tisdale before him…..
Taylor's and Tisdale's plans worked, in the main. Big difference.

Grecian Max

I get it. But say we lost 10 games in a row, or 12. Surely something has got to give?
It would - it’s also not the full story

We got locked into a contract with Tisdale after a crazy amount of success that we’d never seen

Taylor was never bad enough to sack

Dolan was a mutual parting of ways and as close to a sacking the Trust have done

Inglethorpe similar

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Frankly, I don't believe that we don't have the means to sack him if we want to. It might mean sacrifices elsewhere (less money for the next manager to try and fix this problem for example) but we're not in the same financial position we were when we served notice on Tis.

No manager should be safe losing 7 on the bounce and I think Saturday should be seen as make or break. If we lose, the board needs to hear about it.

ExmouthMart

The long term deal will have break/performances clauses, Taggy etc won’t have walked down that road again

We haven’t handcuffed ourselves to Caldwell, would be the end of any board members spell at the club if they had repeated that trick
Tagg isn’t calling the shots anymore. It’s Nick Hawker and Jeremy Tipper the new CEO.

Grecian Max

Tagg isn’t calling the shots anymore. It’s Nick Hawker and Jeremy Tipper the new CEO.
Hawker has gone and Taggy was part of the team that brought GC in

Brinty IFA

Hawker has gone and Taggy was part of the team that brought GC in
Hawker has gone? You mean he's not chairman anymore? When did that happen?

Grecian Max

Hawker has gone? You mean he's not chairman anymore? When did that happen?
I think so? Unless I was mistaken from the Tipper interview - I mean as acting CEO of the club not Trust chairman

Matt Russell

Club website list Nick Hawker, Clive Harrison, Steve Chudley and Julen Beer as directors. These are, I think, all Trust Board members also.