• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 228 59.7%
  • Out

Votes: 154 40.3%

• Total voters

rooecfc

I also am fond of Caldwell he speaks a good game but we are in free fall and no other club would tolerate it

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wonder if Harry R could be tempted out of retirement for two or three days a week on some kind of consultancy basis - failing that don’t think this geezer is too busy ATM.
Tempted to fill in the contact form myself.

Describe your project. Right now I’d settle for a goal.

JGrecian23

1 year ago today we had 10 out of 18 in the squad from the academy. Tonight we had 3. He's ruined us, we rely on sales.

It's OK saying we'll who is ready? Any academy player would be better than this lot losing every game!

He's ripped the soul out and blew the best chance we've ever had of progressing. And all in 1 year.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The board needs to make the decision and not wait until we are cut off

Let a new man build and have a January window

Consider Flitcroft's future too

Cheers

ryancooper327

As much as something needs to change, changing the manager won't have any impact IMO. The players bought in are not good enough and were not enough. Too many loans without experience, too light up top, too big an overhaul in one window. Don't buy people saying 'the players just do what the manager says' either, he isn't telling people to not shoot on target, or mess up at the back at least once a match... GC, decision-makers, AND players need to have a long hard think about the strategy going forward...

ryancooper327

The board needs to make the decision and not wait until we are cut off

Let a new man build and have a January window

Consider Flitcroft's future too

Cheers
Doubt anyone coming in will be able to do much in Jan... Maybe terminate a loan and get another one...

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
Honestly, it's time to start talking about how long he has to right this slide. Lost the last 6 league games, lost the last 6 in all competitions since beating Luton, dire performances.

He shouldn't be getting his P45 today, but he's definitely in the hotseat.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Doubt anyone coming in will be able to do much in Jan... Maybe terminate a loan and get another one...
Something has to happen

10 years to get into the league and now this

mfcrocker

But I know we'll meet again, some sunny day...
As much as something needs to change, changing the manager won't have any impact IMO. The players bought in are not good enough and were not enough. Too many loans without experience, too light up top, too big an overhaul in one window. Don't buy people saying 'the players just do what the manager says' either, he isn't telling people to not shoot on target, or mess up at the back at least once a match... GC, decision-makers, AND players need to have a long hard think about the strategy going forward...
Who is at fault for the ****-poor recruitment?

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's had a year.That's long enough to judge. I don't believe he can get us enough points in a season.