• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 230 60.1%
  • Out

Votes: 153 39.9%

• Total voters

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Whilst many have made up their mind that Caldwell should go I'm still in the camp that I need to see what his summer recruitment brings forth and therefore can next season see a change to what we have endured this season. I can't answer that question now but will be happy to give a full and frank assessment by October.
Yeh I guess we should reserve judgement until he's had his first, erm I mean second, nope sorry third, oh yeh that's right fourth transfer window.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think it's entirely fair and appropriate to question why we don't score enough goals. Equally it's fair and appropriate to question why we concede far too many, and why we have such an abysmal goal difference. My point was responding to the comments which bemoned the fact we weren't scoring the right type of goal :love:
I have said this before but my short term goal is the survival this season of L1 status. Whilst many have made up their mind that Caldwell should go I'm still in the camp that I need to see what his summer recruitment brings forth and therefore can next season see a change to what we have endured this season. I can't answer that question now but will be happy to give a full and frank assessment by October.
ATM it feels Shrewsbury and is are the most important danger of the sides above the relegation zone as we just don't score enough or offer enough threat in the opposition third

An average of 0.75 per game is dreadful. I did see we would need to score 37 goals to equal last season's goals scored. So 3.7 goals a game coming up.

The Shrewsbury match is huge to our and there hopes of getting out of this hole.

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
You wait until we sign that Ukraine striker Inoff Thepost in the summer!
He could fit in well with our current best striker
That Welsh superstar - Dai Fflecshun.

elginCity

………….

Pete Martin (CTID)

ATM it feels Shrewsbury and is are the most important danger of the sides above the relegation zone as we just don't score enough or offer enough threat in the opposition third

An average of 0.75 per game is dreadful. I did see we would need to score 37 goals to equal last season's goals scored. So 3.7 goals a game coming up.

The Shrewsbury match is huge to our and there hopes of getting out of this hole.
The last time we got relegated from L1 (2011), we finished with 46 goals scored and 75 against, a GD of -29. Obviously 46 goals is exactly a goal a game so, at the moment, we are doing worse. As an aside, the following were in L1 that season; Bury, Hartlepool, Oldham, Yeovil, Scunthorpe, Chesterfield and Rochdale.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
The last time we got relegated from L1 (2011), we finished with 46 goals scored and 75 against, a GD of -29. Obviously 46 goals is exactly a goal a game so, at the moment, we are doing worse. As an aside, the following were in L1 that season; Bury, Hartlepool, Oldham, Yeovil, Scunthorpe, Chesterfield and Rochdale.
God that doesn't feel great using 2011 as a comparrison in goal scoring terms. Huge 10 matches coming up. We need 3 wins and a draw or 10 draws.

I am a believer that sides that struggle to score tend to go down.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's getting closer than ever in L1.10 points separate 14th and 23rd.Unless Caldwell starts treating every match as a cup final,I have this awful feeling that we will be one of those that gets pulled into the relegation places.Will 50 points be enough?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's getting closer than ever in L1.10 points separate 14th and 23rd.Unless Caldwell starts treating every match as a cup final,I have this awful feeling that we will be one of those that gets pulled into the relegation places.Will 50 points be enough?
52 points should do it but we keep dropping 6 pointers

John William

52 points should do it but we keep dropping 6 pointers
I doubt if 52 points are needed, which is a good job as I can't see us getting anywhere near there on current form.

Cheltenham eg have 12 games but have to play Charlton, Fleetwood, us, Carlisle and Burton. Also Oxford, Barnsley, Peterborough, Orient, Bristol, Lincoln and Stevenage. If they get 18 points from that lot they will deserve to stay up.

Similarly Port Vale have to play Shrewsbury, Burton, us and Cambridge on the last day, plus Orient, Oxford, Bristol, Northampton, Wigan, Peterborough, Wycombe and Bolton. Even less likely that they will get 20 points.

I still think 47 will be enough, but where will we get them from?

Average Joe

I haven't been to many Games this year as I'm still knocking the ball about myself and playing vets.

What's the atmosphere like inside the ground? Many moan and groans about GC