• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
More to the point, 21 points from 10 games having gone three months without a win!
Not sure I'm willing to give GC extra credit for that, to be honest. Like piling it on before you start going to weightwatchers, so you can lose a more impressive amount.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
One thing is clear, under Caldwell it appears we are going to be streaky! Great run, terrible run, great run, terrible run. As long as we're entertained I'm here for it.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
They are though, aren’t they? Who do you think make up our club and Trust boards?
Imagine this "poll" represented how we actually behaved as an administrative body, changing its mind every match and constantly chosing the wrong path, total unco ordinated chaos.
It's the skill set, vision and abilities that matter in the boardroom if they re fans then great but not necessary.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
If you're not sure if you like 21 points in 10 games for Exeter City in league one, I'm not sure where you're setting your expectations.
What i set my expectations at edwin has zero relevance to you in all fairness and what you set yours at has zero relevance to me.

there is no right or wrong.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
What i set my expectations at edwin has zero relevance to you in all fairness and what you set yours at has zero relevance to me.

there is no right or wrong.
Kind of thing a wrong person would say, that.

Spoonz Red E

There are four types of people in this world:

1) Ones that say "would have".
2) Ones that say "would of"
3) Those that get really bothered by 2)s
4) Those that couldn't give two hoots
There are two types of people in the world:

1) Those who think listed options are useful
2) Those who think listed options aren't useful.

However, those who choose number 2 from this example are plumping for number 1. :unsure:

CREDYGRECIAN

More to the point, 21 points from 10 games having gone three months without a win!
and that’s my exact point - he didn’t IMO deserve to be in a position to accumulate that point total in the last 10 based on the 3 months prior to that.

IMO he should have been sacked based on the 3 month performance before this run of positive results started.

Fair play to him , i’ve no issue with the bloke personally i just judge a football manager based on results they get which i think is fair and for me 3 months of not getting any results is too long - others don’t agree and that’s fair enough.

If i didn’t hit my target or have a good day for 3 consecutive months in my job i’d be more than likely kicked out the door….that’s how i view it (rightly or wrongly is down to interpretation)

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure I'm willing to give GC extra credit for that, to be honest. Like piling it on before you start going to weightwatchers, so you can lose a more impressive amount.
Not suggesting GC deserves extra credit for it, but that, in those circumstances, any right-thinking person would have bitten your hand off for 21 points from the next 10 games.

geoffwp

Imagine this "poll" represented how we actually behaved as an administrative body, changing its mind every match and constantly chosing the wrong path, total unco ordinated chaos.
It's the skill set, vision and abilities that matter in the boardroom if they re fans then great but not necessary.
Poll doesn't look uncoordinated chaos to me. It seems to be fairly stable in the main which shows those who voted on it had thought about it and had come to a decision based on what had been a rather lengthy chaotic time at the club

CREDYGRECIAN

Kind of thing a wrong person would say, that.
There is no need to judge my character Edwin over an opinion about football.