• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 229 59.9%
  • Out

Votes: 153 40.1%

• Total voters

cannockred

I appreciate your commitment to our club very much and your tenacity to improve it’s governance.
But I’m sorry, I don’t really understand what you’re trying to say.
Maybe it’s me, but unfortunately I don’t think it is.
I think the technical phase Bridgy is 'stirring the shit'

tom_ecfc

Looks like the iners have lost a couple overnight in the high winds! 💨

Bat Fastard

I think the technical phase Bridgy is 'stirring the shit'
Because he disagrees with your opinion?

cannockred

Because he disagrees with your opinion?
I think that he is renowned for doing exactly that.

I regret that I have an opinion that is different to yours. I promise I wont lose any sleep over it.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not surprising performance has been dire living like a student with “perks” in a city centre flat is it though.
Don't get the point. You think they're letting takeaway boxes pile up and have a stolen traffic cone in the toilet? They're well paid adult men, I'd guess they live in a nice apartment and might even make the beds. The performances are due to very poor recruitment (not bad players but the absence of players who can play certain roles) and tactics that seem to impress some people for being clever, but cant seem to win football matches at three successive clubs. It's not because his wife lives in Cheshire.

Gordon Dale

Don't know what the "process" was by which the current manager was chosen. Whatever it was, it didin't work, and today was just another example of why he needs to be sacked. It's easy to pick on the players, but they're being shoe horned into a system which doesn't suit them, and trying to play football by numbers. In the meantime he stands on the touchline berates not only the officials, but also tries to micro manage the players into playing in the aforementioned style, which they can't do, because it doesn't work at the level at which we find ourselves. So, whoever/whatever decided that he was the person for the job needs to look behind the promises and statistics and look in the cold light of day at what we've got. Examples - talented players who rather than take risks would rather play within the confines and strictures of what has been pre-decided for them. Short corner? It didn't work the first, or the second time, but it continued until the last few minutes where they were gesticulated at NOT to take a short corner. The delightful interplay at the back, with no movement from midfield, slow build up, and nothing to be gained from the crosses that were fed into box - because we haven't got the striker that somehow we can't attract - are the current fare, and it isn't working.
Meanwhile we are adrift because we are in between elections to a Trust Board who have appointed a Club Board which seems bereft of anyone with any footballl experience or knowledge.
I'm writing this after today's game against one of the poorest sides that I've seen at SJP this season (and there have been several). To say that I was bored, would be a mild understatement - and as a spectacle it was up there with watching paint dry - hapless talented players being subjected to slow torture by a system that lacks drive and energy, and is surely destined to bring relegation - all to prove the point that the aforementioned process was the correct way to select a manager, and thius prove those reponsible weren't wrong.
I'm inclined to quote Oliver Cromwell “Consider That Ye May Be Wrong.”
Thank you David once again for your candour. Although I failed to garner sufficient votes, hopefully my candidacy will ultimately result in the Trust Board having to get to grips with much needed changes at OUR club which you , and many others, fought so valiantly to defend when the situation appeared to be worse than hopeless. Please endeavour to attend tonight's BOS meeting either in person or by ZOOM.

Bat Fastard

Don't get the point. You think they're letting takeaway boxes pile up and have a stolen traffic cone in the toilet? They're well paid adult men, I'd guess they live in a nice apartment and might even make the beds. The performances are due to very poor recruitment (not bad players but the absence of players who can play certain roles) and tactics that seem to impress some people for being clever, but cant seem to win football matches at three successive clubs. It's not because his wife lives in Cheshire.
Completely agree about the recruitment. Can’t help moral when the boss nips home after the spanking at Bolton leaving the players to the long coach trip home mind

StudentGrecian

Didn't Kyle Taylor score from a short corner against Southampton under 21's?

Probably GC's only reasoning for going for the short corner, not sure where he's got his stats BS from. Fecking useless and desperate management to hope that Taylor dancing past Southampton's youth team is comparable to a league match.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Completely agree about the recruitment. Can’t help moral when the boss nips home after the spanking at Bolton leaving the players to the long coach trip home mind
I'm not sure the players will begrudge it that much. If their families live in Exeter, they very much get the better end of the stick over the course of the season. The world's changed a bit. People are more mobile, people commute, people have to work away from their families sometimes, not just in football. It's not a character defect. It's tough working away from your wife and kids, but if anything, it'd probably help him, living with Perks and not dealing with domestic stuff so much every day.

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
They probably preferred it that way. I think I would.