• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Caldwell out?

Gary Caldwell as our manager

• In

Votes: 230 60.1%
  • Out

Votes: 153 39.9%

• Total voters

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
What worries me is that we've had a handful of OK results of late and the club seem to think the corner has been turned. We've played Shrewsbury, Port Vale, Carlisle, Wycombe and Cambridge at home in a fairly short span of time. I'd say we've only now got two more games for the rest of the season where we'd be favourites.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Missed that. As soon as saw Scott coming on I made a point of leaving asap.
You know when he comes on, whatever slim chance of getting a result, goes out the window. He is one of the worst footballets I have ever seen

Grecianpasty

Can we please spend some of this money to bring Wayne Carlisle back to the club. He's has continually been at games. I would like to think someone at the club would be pushing for him to join the coaching staff if he was available in some form.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can we please spend some of this money to bring Wayne Carlisle back to the club. He's has continually been at games. I would like to think someone at the club would be pushing for him to join the coaching staff if he was available in some form.
He's scouting us for his club who just happen to be playing us twice very soon. It's not because he is pining for a return honest

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's scouting us for his club who just happen to be playing us twice very soon. It's not because he is pining for a return honest
He’s not employed by Rovers is he?

yticretexe

Can anyone who’s “Caldwell in” give a compelling argument why? I swear I’ve seen nothing.

I get we’re different, I get we give people time and I get he’s been dealt a shit hand with the club selling Nombe (although I’m sure he signed off on this anyway) but is anyone actually pro Caldwell vs just Caldwell in because he’s Exeter manager and you support whoever is in the job? If so please help me understand why.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Can anyone who’s “Caldwell in” give a compelling argument why? I swear I’ve seen nothing.

I get we’re different, I get we give people time and I get he’s been dealt a shit hand with the club selling Nombe (although I’m sure he signed off on this anyway) but is anyone actually pro Caldwell vs just Caldwell in because he’s Exeter manager and you support whoever is in the job? If so please help me understand why.
You forgot "who'd we get instead"

JGrecian23

Can we stop with the 'Caldwell is a nice guy' bollox.

If he was such a nice guy he'd walk, he would accept he's not up to it and not steal (and I do mean steal!) a living from a supposedly skint club.

Grecianman135

It's blind naivety,some will back the manager regardless as it's the proper thing to do and what's good for the goose and all that.

People were dead against letting Tis leave when he clearly did all he could that fanbase was divided and I remember then stating the obvious that Tisdale ran his course you'd get shot down,at least he had credit in his locker and still managed to turn a fanbase, Gary's been here five minutes and has dived it completely so that's worth something...

The sad truth is the saying "little old Exeter" may as well be put in the club mantra and put under the badge under Semper Fidelis,and a few fans buy into this like the board as they are glad we're here and not in the conference and it'll probably take that again to turn these people.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He’s not employed by Rovers is he?
Max, you is a bleddy genuis how on earth you worked out the reason why Wayno has been seen at a number of our recent games? You sure he doesn't want to be our next manager then :)