• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

British Lions tour!

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Jonny Wilkinson is not in the squad, Warren Gatland is officially insane!
Initially Wilkinson didn't wish to tour, however, it seems he may have changed his mind. Standby for an announcement in the press that might confirm it.

When you think of it, the Lions do need a third outside half. Going with just Farrell and Sexton is a bit daft because it means neither get no time off as one of them is always kitted out and bandaged up ready to replace the other at a minutes notice.

Dylan

Along with scrum halfs, fly halfs tend not to get too much involved with the rough and tumble aspect of the game - apart from Wilko in his pomp and when Dewi Morris played like a flanker!

Wilko's body is shot and he would only be there for his kicking abilities.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
... fly halfs tend not to get too much involved with the rough and tumble aspect of the game ...

... unless Schalk Brits happens to be playing ;)

*England U20s with 5 Exeter Chiefs in the squad face France in the IRB Junior World Championship Trophy in France this coming wednesday.

Redvee

Wilko's body is shot and he would only be there for his kicking abilities.
Is correct, but even now he would be behind Farrell on the kicking side of things. At this level you cannot carry a player based on his kicking abilities.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is correct, but even now he would be behind Farrell on the kicking side of things. At this level you cannot carry a player based on his kicking abilities.
Crumbs no!!! Farrell ain't fit to lace Wilko's boots. You don't run the show at Toulon if you ain't any good. Don't forget Farrell came off decidedly second best when Toulon done a comprehensive job on Sarries. Sure he ain't the backs battering ram he was at his peak, but the bloke has adapted his game accordingly. I'm betting that if it's true that Wilkinson is prepared to join the Lions tour then Warren Gatland would welcome him with open arms.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
Luke Cowan-****ie, Sam Hill and Henry Slade of the Exeter Chiefs all start for England U20s in tomorrow nights game against France.

Jack Nowell is on the bench which is a bit of a surprise to me. I guess his role will be that of an impact player. My Saint's supporting boss waxes lyrical about Nowell every time we talk rugby.

Redvee

Crumbs no!!! Farrell ain't fit to lace Wilko's boots. You don't run the show at Toulon if you ain't any good. Don't forget Farrell came off decidedly second best when Toulon done a comprehensive job on Sarries. Sure he ain't the backs battering ram he was at his peak, but the bloke has adapted his game accordingly. I'm betting that if it's true that Wilkinson is prepared to join the Lions tour then Warren Gatland would welcome him with open arms.
If Wilkinson is called up by Gatland then it just shows how desperate the Lions are. Spent force.
Look to the future, Farrell still very young and learning, inclusion of Wilkinson would gain nothing long term.

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rode our luck this morning, all set up nicely for the second test next Saturday.

Dylan

Luck ran out - all set up nicely for the third Test this Saturday in Sydney!

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
No luck required for the third test.