• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Britains Got Talent

les.gtfc

Can't stand any of these reality programmes to be honest. Its just cheap TV and conning the public into ringing in in their millions voting. Big Brother, X-Factor, Strictly Come Dancing, Dancing on Ice, and the recent ones to choose a Maria or a Nancy for West End Musicals are all the bloody same.

I'm sure a few on here remember the old style talent shows like New Faces, Opportunity Knocks etc. One programme, a certain number of acts and the winner was announced on the night. Now it start with 12, 1 gets voted off, 11, 1 more gets voted off. Its just a lame excuse to get people ringing in every week (often numerous times) for their favourite.

Just shows how weak our TV has become really. Whatever happened to all the great drama programmes that used to be on. Going back 30 years or so there were 3 channels and usually something good to watch at any one time of the day. Now there's hundreds of bloody channels showing endless rubbish and repeats.

Rant over, just my twopenorths worth.

Last edited:

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Couldn't put it any better myself, Les.

Except that New Faces and Opportunity Knocks were sh*te TV too.

Ian Sideman

Spot on Les. You get TV up there then?

'bout time they re-ran "When the Boat Comes In".

Down South we get a thing called Sky. You get hundred's of channels of rubbish rather than the three you get. :D

les.gtfc

Spot on Les. You get TV up there then?

'bout time they re-ran "When the Boat Comes In".

Down South we get a thing called Sky. You get hundred's of channels of rubbish rather than the three you get. :D
Oi, cheeky git. I'll have you know that we've now just got this big long box type object that just come out. I think its called a Vidyo Rarcorda or something and you can actually vidyo programmes and watch them later.

Ian Sideman

Here's a tip for you Les...

Get the betamax. In fact buy as many as you can and sell 'em to your mates. Will keep you in haddock for the rest of your life.

ECFC TOM

Loved Stavros Flatley.....
I caught a bit of it on GMTV (I know, shame on me etc. etc.) this morning, and I don't get it.

A topless fat kid running around on a stage with his dad. Absolutely hilarious ^o):S

les.gtfc

Here's a tip for you Les...

Get the betamax. In fact buy as many as you can and sell 'em to your mates. Will keep you in haddock for the rest of your life.
Nah, I'm getting the one where you can record on both sides of the tape. Think it called the Philips 2000 or something like that cos you get twice as much time on each tape. :D

Lea81

I bet you lot are looking forward to Big Brother starting again soon.
I hate Big Brother

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hate Big Brother
I love it.

richards

Just watched that 73 year old breakdancer who is allegedly on Disability Allowance and goes clubbing every night. Don't think he'll get through though,I used to practise those moves down at Tiffanys and Boogies on the Quay on a Saturday night 20 years ago !. Some of the semi final acts are just shocking and talentless.The young lad who played the drums brilliantly to Wipeout should have been put through last week.Its a disgrace !.