• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers vs Exeter City prediction and discussion thread (Tues 23 Feb)

tom_ecfc

3-1 loss written all over…and I’m thinking positively!

paperclip

Sadly, they'll beat us twice in a month despite not actually, man for man, being any better but because Taylor will get them going for it and play with an intensity and passion that we lack
He's not the messiah but he could set a lower league team up to win games
I would respectfully suggest that man-for man, their attacking options are streets ahead of ours currently. I agree they will win both games though.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I’d like to think Reece Cole & Rankine would start following their impressive cameos Saturday off the bench.

Let’s have a go at them….

Sinisalo

Sweeney
Diabate
Purrington
Jules

Kite
Cole
Harris

Rankine
Cox
Wildschut

4-3-3 attack from the start see what happens.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I would expect Rankine and Cole to both come into the starting lineup for tomorrow. However; not sure if Rankine will come in as a RWB for Niskanen or play as one of the #10's that can drift out to the right and overload that side. Away from home I think he is more suited to this role as defensively he still struggles at times as a RWB.

I could see this lineup:
Sinisalo
Niskanen
Sweeney
Diabate
Jules
Purrington
Cole
Harris
Aitchison
Rankine
Cox

If Carroll is able to play 2 games in such a short turnaround then he may still start and Harris bumps up into a #10 position with Aitchison and then Rankine is either an impact sub, or would take the spot of Niskanen.

This is going to be a really tough game and Rovers will definitely come out and high press us early on, especially after losing at home on Saturday. I hope that we look to play like we did last season at home to Barnsley where we were a bit more pragmatic and went a little longer and played in their half as opposed to trying to play through the press which I think we will struggle with and invite pressure.

Obviously the issue is we don't really have the pace or physicality to play this way really effectively, but hopefully we can find a way to get something out of the game!

Grecian2K

Perhaps the more interesting conundrum for the gossip-mongers amongst us is which of the two benches will Me Hartridge be sitting on?
Maybe they'll suggest a convenient fence just between the two dug-outs.

Red red

As most people on here have said we will lose does that mean if that happens City fans will boo again

Grecian68

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/20242/january/10-tickets-v-exeter/

Charging us £26, but their own fans £10 for the same stand!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Cheick Diabate on the game

tea stand

The weather forecast is horrendous, take your waterproofs if you are standing on the open terrace, if it's on.

I watched them last week v Norwich and at Barnsley and if we play to our current form they will beat us easily. Perhaps if we manage to actually get a cross in from a corner or pass the ball forwards a few times we might nick a goal or two.
I agree, I've watched rovers a few times this season and they have a lot more to offer with regards to attacking football. That said, their centre midfield has been suspect at times due to injuries and subsequent formations (familiar?) and their defence has been woeful at times, they concede a lot of soft goals (again, familiar). The difference, I believe, is that they can change up a gear quickly and have a few players capable of scoring. The notable exception is Jevani, who, putting it mildly, has been very poor. I doubt he will start unless Taylor wants to give him a chance to prove himself but my guess is that he will be on the bench.
My prediction is a rovers win by a few goals and a lot of wet fans on the terrace.

Colesman Ballz

https://www.bristolrovers.co.uk/news/20242/january/10-tickets-v-exeter/

Charging us £26, but their own fans £10 for the same stand!
Says that they are refunding the difference to fans that have already paid. They will be breaking EFL regulations if they don't do the same for us !