• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers vs Exeter City match day thread

HarryECFC

Yeh definitely...

BBC Bristol commentators said towards the end: “We should be beating teams like Exeter”. Prime example of why I dislike them lot, think they are much bigger and better than they are.

Also he should know it’s now 8 years and 7 games since they beat “a team like Exeter”. 🔴⚫

dontpassback

Well that was a good solid performance,well taken goal by sonny,and good play by aithison,which led to it,I can’t recall who hit the post but we were unlucky not to be further ahead,hope purringtons injury isn’t too bad,but a good defensive performance with another clean sheet,so we’ll done city,journey home was very enjoyable

logman

Image 13.jpg

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
BBC Bristol commentators said towards the end: “We should be beating teams like Exeter”. Prime example of why I dislike them lot, think they are much bigger and better than they are.
Crap commentary too...I dislike that particular saying, whoever it’s aimed at.

Grecian Max

Also he should know it’s now 8 years and 7 games since they beat “a team like Exeter”. 🔴⚫
Think you're taking it too personally, they have a point this season, we've not been very good... nowt to do with size of club

fred binneys head

Schools aren't what they were in my day!😄
From reading your posts on here, I assume you never went to school 😉

Red Devon

Only watched on ifollow…It looked to be another fully committed give all performance from City in atrocious weather conditions that has been the hallmark of the recent upturn in points won……A fantastic and much needed three points very well done everyone

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
That said, a few teams above us have games in hand. Port Vale have 3(!) and have strengthened well. Will be a tight, nervy few months but it’s why we love City, right? As you said, I think we have a chance of surviving.
Conversely, even if the teams below us win all their games in hand we would not be in the relegation zone. It's amazing what a difference unexpectedly winning our game in hand has made to the table.

tavyred

Cracking result, which serves the dual purpose of keeping us away from the drop zone and reeling in a whole host of clubs above us.
It’s going to be interesting to see how those teams who may have wallowed in a faux mid table security for the last couple of months react to relegation being a real threat now with circa 20 games to go.
We on the other hand after a nightmare run are crucially picking up points of late, which although it ain’t pretty at times gives us impetus at a time when other teams are maybe beginning to panic and struggle.
UTC!!

NB. I’d kill for a point at Oakwell. 👍