• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bristol Rovers vs Exeter City match day thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Much needed win as let's be honest we're not getting anything on Saturday. Hopefully we can do them at home again in a couple of weeks. That Rovers first half performance was the worst I've ever seen from a L1 side. I know the conditions were bad but we managed to put a few passes together. They literally kicked in to touch, or out for a goal kick, or passed to one of our players everytime they got the ball. They had no shots on target all game, and they played with an experienced out and out striker. I really dislike Rovers so I'm well happy with that result. Up the City. Gedon Gary Caldwell.

AndyR

What a great result. City played some great stuff in the first half and early second period and it would not have flattered us to have been 2 or 3 up before the last nervy 20 mins or so. We were dead on our feet at the end but survived due to gutsy determination, a bit of luck and a below par performance from Rovers. Worried about the injuries though, particularly Purrington who looks a great signing.

And couldn't help but sneak a look at their Gas Works Chat forum, looks like Exeweb in miserable meltdown mode.....:D

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you expected us to win at Rovers tonight then fair play, form and logic out the window

Give us the next 5 results and I'll be impressed ;)
Only another 7 wins and I'll change my vote !
Hope your Premier Inn (PI) has a bar plus I'm sure that the Trust will pay you to stay at PI's every game until we get our 7 wins !

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Much needed win as let's be honest we're not getting anything on Saturday.
We need to ask @STURTZ and @arthur first

JayPob94

Why do people keep saying we are 4 points off 11th? What is 11th? We are 8 points of 10th. 10 points off 9th. 4 points off 21st.

Is 11th the new top 4? 😀
I'm trying to be optimistic by looking up, instead of down the table. I hope the manager is also trying this with our players. A positive mindset is the biggest asset to everyone

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm trying to be optimistic by looking up, instead of down the table. I hope the manager is also trying this with our players. A positive mindset is the biggest asset to everyone
I must have got a bad neck - I can't look up !

Grecian Max

Somehow, despite months and months of terrible results league to be four points off 11th is... mental

Means we have every chance of surviving if we can string some results together in succession

We've gone from the worst team in the EFL to a patchy side... it's an improvement

OmanGrecian

Why do people keep saying we are 4 points off 11th? What is 11th? We are 8 points of 10th. 10 points off 9th. 4 points off 21st.

Is 11th the new top 4? 😀
How about 3rd in the table for clean sheets? Crazy stat

STURTZ

We need to ask @STURTZ and @arthur first
Not about predicting the result, it's about having the faith to beleive it could happen.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not about predicting the result, it's about having the faith to beleive it could happen.
Churchill-esque