• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bring back Aaron Martin thread!

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I feel that if MJ is left out/rotated it will be for another striker rather than Law at the moment depending on opposition and circumstances. Law played alongside MJ and Bowman, playing from the left in the friendlies he played in. Randall though has put down a good marker for that spot. So Taylor is probably more at risk IMO, given that Law or Randall can play on the right.

To be honest though, if Key and Sparkes are not on full back duties, we have a lot of options and combinations for those wide spots.
I hope MT doesn’t try and convert Key into a wingback I feel he has SO much to offer in the final third of the pitch it would be a shame to see him spending 70 minutes of a game in our own half.

Banksy

I hope MT doesn’t try and convert Key into a wingback I feel he has SO much to offer in the final third of the pitch it would be a shame to see him spending 70 minutes of a game in our own half.
I agree , we seem to struggle sometimes in the final third , let’s see him up there.

Rosencrantz

I have always enjoyed the balance and contrast of Key and Randall on either wing.

Pobbop

I am just all in for Yoof this year, they were really fun exciting and good in the minor cup comps, go for it I say. What have we got to lose? I like Nicky Law a lot, but I am happy to see him sit out about half the matches. Key, Randall, Collins, Sparkes, Jay, Seymour it's the excitement and thrill of the young, let's go for it.

If we fail to get promoted, well so what, we've failed for years now, whatever I'm sure some will come through and earn us more money. We still have experience like law, taylor, McCardle, Parkes, Sweeney hanging around the squad if the wheels come off.

In the end when Matty took over we all thought his experience with the youth set-up was a major factor, last year he fell back into going for the experienced players in the key match at Wembley, it didn't work, learn from your mistakes Matt.

Trying to get rid of Ajose and Sweeney, and getting rid of Aaron, the right thing to do IMHO, frees up places in the squad and team for any youngster and gives them the incentive to put everything in, work hard in training, show the right attitude and they know they have a chance to play.

Arthur Davey

Good to see Aaron Martin getting another mention on the thread 😏

Sarcy Sid

Some interesting responses, along with a bit of deviation on the way! I understand that he's had sighting of this thread and will henceforth be going by the name of Aaron Marmite!

Tim Long

That moment when you're scrolling through the threads on WOWS and this thread appears in the corner of your eye and your mind reads it as 'bring back Arnold Mitchell'. Just me, then.