• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bradford City vs Exeter City Matchday Thread

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sounds like a pretty scrappy game, if we can get to half time at 0-0 I’ll be happy.

Caprice booked for time wasting.
Caprice was booked (wrongly !) for trying to get ball off Bradfordian when it was a Grecian throw which referee then gave to Bradford !
Awful decision - can we appeal ?

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
The stats are really impressive so far - 54% possession and 8 shots to Bradford's 2.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Caprice was booked (wrongly !) for trying to get ball off Bradfordian when it was a Grecian throw which referee then gave to Bradford !
Awful decision - can we appeal ?
Don't think you can appeal yellow cards.

Pobbop

Get In will give him some confidence - great time to score
Is it a great time to score, I'm always fascinated by this supposed truism, I mean it actually gives the oppo manager a time to react. change the team, change tactics, I'd rather score after 46 minutes myself.

Think it is great for us fans though, our half-time contemplation is always so much better, but not sure match-wise it's a good thing other than scoring a goal is always a good thing.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Really, really solid first half and a deserved lead. Bradford have had some decent possession in midfield but we've pressed them well and all Dawson has had to do is wind up the home fans. The swirling wind has made it difficult to get our passing game but we've still created 3 or 4 decent chances. I was really impressed with Phillips even before the goal. His first touch has been good and he looks much more on the same wavelength as the rest of the team. All half we've been trying to give him balls to run onto with his pace and that's how the goal finally came.
Just to add that it was a really neat finish for the goal. It was a pretty tight angle and at first I wasn't sure it was going in but Phillips got it just right.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
BRILLIANT GOAL pHILLIPS

Lovely ball from Brown forward into the box on the left 8 yards out and a super dinky dink Dalglish-esque finish from Phillips
sorry I was obviously quite excited, it was on the right of the box not the left.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is it a great time to score, I'm always fascinated by this supposed truism, I mean it actually gives the oppo manager a time to react. change the team, change tactics, I'd rather score after 46 minutes myself.

Think it is great for us fans though, our half-time contemplation is always so much better, but not sure match-wise it's a good thing other than scoring a goal is always a good thing.
The only reason I think that saying is bullocks is that ANY time is a great time to score.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
sorry I was obviously quite excited, it was on the right of the box not the left.
If he carries on like this Nombe will have difficulty getting back in team.
He has Songo on toast if we play either side of him.
COYR

The deluder

Morticia will be mortified at half time. Hope this continues in the second half.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bradford doing much better, very good save from Cam