• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boxing Day Match - Newport County Tickets - Tickets Selling Fast!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
….As for this game I predict that if Bowman scores he will be a God with Maxted joining him in excelsis if he performs as well. Either f**ks up and they'll be the dregs of humanity.

As for a forecast, we do alright when we play a decent team, we don't get overconfident and I don't think Wallsall can match our team. A 3:0 win with the boy child Randolf Williams scoring, also Law regains his scoring touch and Bowman nets the goal which will raise him up to mythical status.

Huxtable stands by with the means to destroy any of our hopes and aspirations in his Herod like role. Lock up your first born!

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
Newport cant stand him either !

STURTZ

…..er for Walsall substitute Newport!;)

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A lot of people would take umbrage at that statement, ruined the game by giving Grimsby a soft goal.

Collins was fouled Huxtable waved play on we lost the ball, Collins was still down after the foul, Grimsby won the ball and launched an attack which resulted in a corner, Collins left the field and we defended the corner with ten men, Grimsby passed the ball to an unmarked player on the edge of the box who scored. Highly likely Collins would have been one of the players patrolling that area.

O.K probably no law break and City should have coped there but the ref has the power to interpret the rules and that was just unfair. Ruined the game and our fantastic start to the season.
Matt Taylor certainly thought Archie Collins should have been on the pitch to defend the corner.

AL_Yates

Not sure where I stand on the referee issue, at youth football level I have referred a few games now, you obviously have a team you want to win but I think you can be harder on that team, as you know the characters. I know the scores can be wider margins, so some decisions are made easier, but I find I may over compensate to make sure it is a fair game and you cover yourself with some feisty parents. I do think as a ref, a certain ref, does not cover them self in glory with their own personal style. Communication is key and a few L2 refs lose control of that area. For me it starts on first contact and handshake as people arrive, being assertive but making sure you want to see a good game, with no stupid tackles or bad attitude. That said youth level I have seen better attitude from U10s and U15s than some grown men. This will filter up slowly into the men's level in 5-6 years.

For the minute tickets are still selling well for the seats. Off to work now.

IndoMike

Not sure where I stand on the referee issue, at youth football level I have referred a few games now, you obviously have a team you want to win but I think you can be harder on that team, as you know the characters. I know the scores can be wider margins, so some decisions are made easier, but I find I may over compensate to make sure it is a fair game and you cover yourself with some feisty parents. I do think as a ref, a certain ref, does not cover them self in glory with their own personal style. Communication is key and a few L2 refs lose control of that area. For me it starts on first contact and handshake as people arrive, being assertive but making sure you want to see a good game, with no stupid tackles or bad attitude. That said youth level I have seen better attitude from U10s and U15s than some grown men. This will filter up slowly into the men's level in 5-6 years.

You said there were only around 120 seats available a couple of days ago. I'd say "tickets are still selling well" is an understatement. They've nearly all gone, haven't they?

Boyo

I don't usually comment of refs. It's a cliche, but the best ones are the ones you don't notice. Huxtable is terrible however. Completely inconsistent and regularly makes the wrong call. He's not bias and it's nothing to do with his communication, he just interprets events on the pitch very poorly and often wrongly.

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
I don't usually comment of refs. It's a cliche, but the best ones are the ones you don't notice. Huxtable is terrible however. Completely inconsistent and regularly makes the wrong call. He's not bias and it's nothing to do with his communication, he just interprets events on the pitch very poorly and often wrongly.
Have a look at the free kick, sending off and the penalty decision given to that lot down the road and then question if his loyalties lay elsewhere ! To see how they won a game.

Grecian2K

Have a look at the free kick, sending off and the penalty decision given to that lot down the road and then question if his loyalties lay elsewhere ! To see how they won a game.
I may rarely, if ever, agree with Ramone on matters political but when it comes to matters ECFC - and, especially in this case, Pilgrim Hux - he has my unambiguous support!!! (y)

AL_Yates

You said there were only around 120 seats available a couple of days ago. I'd say "tickets are still selling well" is an understatement. They've nearly all gone, haven't they?
I think that was before A-S section was opened. just under 130 left overall now in the seats. The club ticket site gets adjusted. But agree the tickets are selling very well. I Can see a seat sell out after sales on Saturday at the Walsall game. That would suggest over a 5000 gate overall and probably over 6000 overall. Our average is staring to rise back up to levels when we were in League '1'. If we maintain our form than it might stay over 5000 come the end of the of the season. Which for budgets would be massive for the club. We are building under Matt Taylor. The style of football helps it has to be said.