• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bowman signs

benjisheps

Very average scoring record not sure how good this signing will be and he looks like a big lump so lets not return to "hoof ball" when he plays.... As always time will tell...
In fairness though he may have scored only 14 goals but also has 13 assists for Motherwell. So in 80 odd games he has been involved in 27 goals which then looks a lot better. He seems to have more pace about him than Jayden as well so may offer a different type of threat which may add to the team dynamic.

Although I don't think he will score the amount of goals that Jayden did I think this is a good signing and will help improve the overall team.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very average scoring record not sure how good this signing will be and he looks like a big lump so lets not return to "hoof ball" when he plays.... As always time will tell...
In fairness Stockley's scoring record in Scotland was 5 in 27 apps (Wiki) and so Bowman's tally isn't much different.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
It seems that City and Stockley were a perfect match. Can only hope it will be the same with Bowman.

Terryhall

Arguable that we have been playing an awful lot of "hoof ball" up to Stockley in recent months. The Swindon game was notably different with lots more play on the ground and quick passing in and around the box which paid dividends with a fabulous strike from Collins - but make no mistake had Stockley been on the pitch, the play would have been in the air to the centre, and not on the floor working space on the left flank.

Pete Martin (CTID)

In fairness Stockley's scoring record in Scotland was 5 in 27 apps (Wiki) and so Bowman's tally isn't much different.
....is the right answer. Interestingly, Bowman's career scoring rate has averaged 0.29 goals per game. Stockley's (if you discount his two spells with us) is 0.25 In the two combined spells with us it has been 0.5 which is a phenomenal difference. They both struggled for goals in Scotland.

If you discount his early career, where he almost matched Jayden's scoring rate at both Bristol Rovers and Reading, Jamie Cureton had one of his most prolific spells with us on both occasions he was here (0.44 gpg).

I am optimistic about Bowman.

conker

Decent signing, I reckon. He'll either completely flop or absolutely storm it.

I used to support Hereford United so have watched him a fair bit. He's got a bit of everything and is a decent finisher when he's confident. Also very good at holding the ball up and linking play which he did excellently when we had Marley Watkins and Sam Clucas following things up.

I'd also add that I wouldn't call him slow (at least he wasn't a few years ago...) so he's not really just target to lump it up to. Although that side of his game is decent.

He seems like a good bloke as well, so good luck to him!

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

....is the right answer. Interestingly, Bowman's career scoring rate has averaged 0.29 goals per game. Stockley's (if you discount his two spells with us) is 0.25 In the two combined spells with us it has been 0.5 which is a phenomenal difference. They both struggled for goals in Scotland.

If you discount his early career, where he almost matched Jayden's scoring rate at both Bristol Rovers and Reading, Jamie Cureton had one of his most prolific spells with us on both occasions he was here (0.44 gpg).

I am optimistic about Bowman.
Yep, would agree with this. Looking forward to seeing him in action, plus he'll have had the benefit of a long almost preseason prior to his first game with us not having a game this weekend. Plenty of time for him to bed himself in.

ECFC89

Agreed, while always putting results before style, and we've had a lot of decent results, the football in the last 18 months hasn't been that pretty. Mind you Tis got us to 5th last year playing uninspiring football and I will take the same again this year.

STURTZ

Hoping that Bowman hasn't been signed for his goals but for his presence and ability to bring in our other players to weigh in with the goals. The idea that we could sign a carbon copy of Stockers is obviously a non starter, lets concentrate on his mobility and strength.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Prior to playing for Motherwell his goal scoring record was decent, he was one of the top scorers in the National League a few years ago, he actually scored 10 for Motherwell last season.

People who are slating his record at Motherwell need to wake up a bit, if he had say 30 - 35 goals in 80 odd games for Motherwell he wouldn't be coming anywhere near Exeter City or league two.

Also he's only just turned 27, he's a good age and he could potentially have his best years ahead of him.

I've seen a few clips of him and I'm optimistic he will do well for us.

I like Taylor's eye for a player, also he seems to value the money he is given by the club.

Last edited: