• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boring Plymouth

WXF

Today's Times newspaper leads with a story about Plymouth being a boring city (below). The article (also at https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/plymouth-is-the-staying-in-capital-of-the-uk-since-covid-6hjv65sbc) states:

"Plymouth’s claims to fame are limited. It is known for being where the Mayflower set sail from on its way to America, and it has now been labelled the most boring city in Britain… at least when it comes to nightlife. Research has found that residents of Plymouth go out far less than people who live in Britain’s other big cities, and rate their nightlife as worse than anywhere else."

Why isn't Argyle doing better if there is such little competition for local people's attention?

1714747015065.png

Edna Clouds

I don't blame the people of Plymouth. If I lived there I'd go out as little as possible - unless of course it was to leave for somewhere nicer.

dontpassback

I don't blame the people of Plymouth. If I lived there I'd go out as little as possible - unless of course it was to leave for somewhere nicer.
Like the fine city of exeter !!

Edna Clouds

In short yes. Although most places are a step up... Having thought about it 'most ' should be swapped with 'anywhere else'.

Radio Free Skaro

In short yes. Although most places are a step up... Having thought about it 'most ' should be swapped with 'anywhere else'.
this is a boring story tbh