• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Boos at the final whistle

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Negative mindset? We ended the game with 3 forwards on the pitch! And we put a lot of balls and bodies into the box today, just nothing came of it..
Doesn't matter how many forwards we have on the pitch, they aren't going to get any service when we d*ck around with the ball at the back, give it back to Jonesy for him to promptly lash it into the Old Grandstand.

Also doesn't matter how many balls into the box we put, when our crosses either don't go past the first defender or go out for a goal kick.

What would you call a negative mindset if that isn't one?

wemissmoxey

Negative mindset? We ended the game with 3 forwards on the pitch! And we put a lot of balls and bodies into the box today, just nothing came of it.

And if supporting my team and getting behind the players is naive then I'm more than happy to be that. To me, it's infinitely better than being a miserable, tedious, moaning tw*t.

Some people are just much more content to be moaning than being happy and supportive, I'm sure of it. Strangely, I think if we stay up this year then a good few City fans will be a bit gutted because they will have lost a chance to have a good whinge.
You miss the point,

I am not saying that is the way people should be, but being shocked at people booing after that sh*te is very naive.

samwise

Doesn't matter how many forwards we have on the pitch, they aren't going to get any service when we d*ck around with the ball at the back, give it back to Jonesy for him to promptly lash it into the Old Grandstand.

Also doesn't matter how many balls into the box we put, when our crosses either don't go past the first defender or go out for a goal kick.

I would call a negative mindset playing with one up front, playing 5 at the back and bringing on a couple of midfielders or defenders at the end to secure a draw.

angelic upstart

So keeping possession and attacking by crossing balls is now a "negative mindset".

There really are some clueless folk on here.

wemissmoxey

So keeping possession and attacking by crossing balls is now a "negative mindset".

There really are some clueless folk on here.
What so ******* around with it deep in our own half is attacking football is it ?

angelic upstart

You miss the point,

I am not saying that is the way people should be, but being shocked at people booing after that sh*te is very naive.
You missed the point.

He hasn't mentioned being shocked.

I suggest you learn to read.

wemissmoxey

I would call a negative mindset playing with one up front, playing 5 at the back and bringing on a couple of midfielders or defenders at the end to secure a draw.
We do that for most of the game.

angelic upstart

What so ******* around with it deep in our own half is attacking football is it ?
No, as I wrote, it is called keeping possession.

Are you really this much of a buffoon or are you morphing in MalcolmS?

samwise

That's keeping possession and waiting for an opening. Watch a couple of Premier League games on the telly, they do it all the time. If they just leathered it high into the sky every time they got it people would moan about that.

Perhaps we should just sign Lionel Messi and Ronaldo to run rings around every single opposition player and do away with passing altogether?

everexe

not the best of games, not the worst performance of the season either, the only thing that baffles me is marcus stewart ffs, why is he playing?