• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Bolton Wanderers v Exeter City Matchday Thread

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Huge credit to Matty and the players tonight. Totally unexpected result ala Cambridge but what a result! The problem is Barrow and that is the type of game we could draw or even lose but i'd say confidently that if we beat Barrow then we get a play off spot because with our goal difference we'd be unlucky to see all the 3 catchable sides ahead of us all win. Magnificent drama today and well done to all involved!
I think FGR will not find it easy to beat an Oldham team stung by a bad result today.
If Oldham have any pride they'll try to correct that. I think FGR won't win, so it'll be up to City.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Buzzing with that what a cracking second half from us...Key was absolutely fantastic all match, loved the celebration for Sweenz goal with McArdle piling in as well 👍👍👍
It's not often the keeper gets to join in the celebration!

Red Devon

It's not often the keeper gets to join in the celebration!
Yep, Jokull would probably have broken the crossbar down the other end in all his excitement!! 🤩

I’m gonna put an accumulator bet on the other 3 winning. Just to console myself if everyone wins

Legohead

Banned
I’m gonna put an accumulator bet on the other 3 winning. Just to console myself if everyone wins
Just had a look at the last round of fixtures involving the teams above us.

Forest Green away at Oldham. Newport are at relegated Southend and Tranmere are at home to Colchester.

On paper you'd expect all 3 to win which is a worry. All we can do is put Barrow away and hope the law of averages sees at least one of those teams drop points.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Matt Taylor interview

It's been a tough old season at times and the football hasn't always been easy to watch but the last minute or two of that interview sum up how well we've done overall with a team of kids.

tonykellowfan

Just had a look at the last round of fixtures involving the teams above us.

Forest Green away at Oldham. Newport are at relegated Southend and Tranmere are at home to Colchester.

On paper you'd expect all 3 to win which is a worry. All we can do is put Barrow away and hope the law of averages sees at least one of those teams drop points.
Trouble is though Lego that Newport and Tranmere only need to draw.

Red Bill

Reminds me of Doncaster a few years ago, they had a 'champions' banner waiting on the touchline, a parade planned and numerous flag sellers out ready for the celebrations. Someone who'd seen my red and white scarf and assumed i was a Donny fan, even asked me if i knew what time the parade was!
Don't count your chickens eh!!!

Legohead

Banned
Trouble is though Lego that Newport and Tranmere only need to draw.
Sh*t. I didn't realize. I thought we had a better goal difference than both?

Spoonz Red E

Sh*t. I didn't realize. I thought we had a better goal difference than both?
We do but we're three points behind them.