• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Blackpool v Exeter City Matchday Thread

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
I don't know why there is sudden lightbulb moment going on that this is now the recognised issue.
No way is it a lightbulb moment.

Reactions: Ash

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I don't know why there is sudden lightbulb moment going on that this is now the recognised issue. It's been that problem and little else that has caused us to be where we are. Yes, there are always areas where we can look to improve like we could do with a bit more bite in midfield for instance but when I said from the very outset that our problem was a very clear and simple one in not having a striker many where out there suggesting it wasn't just as simple as that but the manager, patterns of play, speed of play, tactics and God knows what else yet everything you've just said about Sam cures most, if not all, of the various other 'problems' suggested by all and sundry. It is, was and will continue to be that clear and simple.
how many “clear cut chances” do we actually create per game? 1/2 3 at a push….

Until the game plan changes from a possession based slow build up in-front of the opposition to a quicker tempo in-behind the opposition nothing will change

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't know why there is sudden lightbulb moment going on that this is now the recognised issue. It's been that problem and little else that has caused us to be where we are.
There really isn't a sudden lightbulb moment- everyone's known it. It's just because you're wrong on the second part, you've imagined you're the only one who can see the first.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
how many “clear cut chances” do we actually create per game? 1/2 3 at a push….

Until the game plan changes from a possession based slow build up in-front of the opposition to a quicker tempo in-behind the opposition nothing will change
It's not the absence of a finisher. Nombe wasn't even a good finisher imo. It's the offering of a long option. Everything that's not perfectly to feet comes straight back it us. If you've got a Nombe or a Stanno, even a fairly innaccurate hoof can win you a throw in the opposition half. Try that game with James Scott.

berniesworld

At least now the “Difficult moments” have subsided to “Little moments” 🤭

#StillCaldwellOut

IMG_1117.jpeg

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
I’d love Caldwell to come out and say we’re changing it up we’re going 4-4-2 we’re going to have a real go regardless of the score.

lose 2-0 against a better team and get outplayed that’s fine , but lose 2-0 without ever really laying a glove on the opposing side is just a bit dull.

Bat Fastard

I don't know why there is sudden lightbulb moment going on that this is now the recognised issue. It's been that problem and little else that has caused us to be where we are. Yes, there are always areas where we can look to improve like we could do with a bit more bite in midfield for instance but when I said from the very outset that our problem was a very clear and simple one in not having a striker many where out there suggesting it wasn't just as simple as that but the manager, patterns of play, speed of play, tactics and God knows what else yet everything you've just said about Sam cures most, if not all, of the various other 'problems' suggested by all and sundry. It is, was and will continue to be that clear and simple.
So what you’re saying is Caldwell gets a free pass? Blokes an awful manager been proven time and again I’m afraid chap

ChardGrecian

in past few years both Blackpool goals would most likely have been blocked by Archie Collins or Harry Kite in the defensive midfield duties. Caldwell can’t seem to see this needed. Neither Carroll or Cole are up to this.

Banksy

in past few years both Blackpool goals would most likely have been blocked by Archie Collins or Harry Kite in the defensive midfield duties. Caldwell can’t seem to see this needed. Neither Carroll or Cole are up to this.
Anyone noticed? Caldwell can’t seem to see anything.

grecIAN Harris

So what you’re saying is Caldwell gets a free pass? Blokes an awful manager been proven time and again I’m afraid chap
He's got his faults as I believe I discussed with you previously.