• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Billy Jones

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
wasnt that away from home
In front of the Big Bank, if I'm thinking about the same goal?

Phil Sayers

He smashed in the winner at home to Grays in a 2-1 late, late on from the left edge of the area as you face goal. My friend had his glasses smashed in the celebration!

In the same season we also beat the Daggers 3-2 at home with an injury time winner (I remember a quality goal net celebration from the players) but cannot remember who actually scored it - could well have been Jones as well.

GrecianInWales

Fairly sure the goal I'm thinking of was a free kick, on a Tuesday night. The main thing I remember was that it was last gasp and I knackered my throat cheering after it went in.
Pretty sure it was Kiddy. May be wrong.

Anyway, good player at L2 level, would be a good addition to the Daggers team if they sign him.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Id take him at left back with Golbourne further foward.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Nope Creds, it was definitely at SJP. I was there on a Tues night. When he scored I went mental in the OG and turned round to face the 3 stooges behind me, who IIRC just stood still and stared. Obviously just there to make up the numbers...............:S

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jones scored last minute goals both away and at home to Grays in the same season.

His last minute strike away earnt us a 2-2 draw and the goal at home was when we scored with virtually the last kick to win 2-1.

exeterry

Well-known Exeweb poster
the goal at home was when we scored with virtually the last kick to win 2-1.
Thanks MG - I must have more faith in my memory............

STURTZ

Thanks MG - I must have more faith in my memory............

Yes it was Grays, but Bayesy was in goal! He played a blinder, as he always seemed to when he came back, and the sight of him looking forlornly at the ball lying in the back of the net was a picture.

The celebrations that night were immense!

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes it was Grays, but Bayesy was in goal! He played a blinder, as he always seemed to when he came back, and the sight of him looking forlornly at the ball lying in the back of the net was a picture.

The celebrations that night were immense!
Not forgetting that goal was on his very much weaker right foot but connected with it as if he was a right footed player

LammieLammieLammie

Rubbish game, low crowd, champions league on the telly.... great goal .