• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Big Bank 'singing section'

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
thanks newburygrecian, funnily enough just had a text from 'music man' saying his exeweb name is Barney Singleton, he's confused everyone there

Barney Singleton

All rather new to me this is. Barney Singleton was in goal when my dad first went to St James around 1947.

Bondy

Exeter - views are my own and not representative o
All rather new to me this is. Barney Singleton was in goal when my dad first went to St James around 1947.
And there was I thinking it was cos you were single and liked Barney from the Simpsons!

StixUK

I would quite like to enter my opinion on here. And I expect to be slated as well as this is all that City fans seem to do at the moment.

Music is coming into the game whether we like it or not due to the fact that it seems to be popular with a number of fans, it doesn't seem to bother a great number of fans in the BB as we are all off our heads at the time.

I have only been standing in the BB this season as spent last season in OG with partner until I was permitted to go by myself (thumb released!). I have found that I join in with the chants but it seems with a new generation of fans coming in that nothing seems to be there anymore. I have often sat in the OG last season and thought why we only sing when we are doing well.

Surely singing is an all-game affair where you pipe up when the team is possibly performing slightly worse for wear to show the opposition that we support our team and are willing to sing when the times are going bad and surely you go silent when we are on the attack in anticipation of the attack producing something spectacular.

The opposite seems to happen with BB singers (n.b this is merely my opinion), they seems to get downbeat when the opposition are attacking, when we need the singing and support and they seems to cheer when our players need to concentrate on getting that vital build up to hget close to the area.

I know that when I used to play sports as a lad that if I knew I was performing bad on the field, all it took was some support directed at you, a quick shout from friends and some encouragement and you were focused again on striving to do your best...it is my belief this is what our players need.

It is more difficult to be fighting for a game and trying to win when you know in your head that the fans are muttering between them because they can probably hear the dead silence or the tension.

Please...I urge us...the fans to get behind our beloved City and to sing our hearts out so we can show our passion to the players and then this will increase their desire to win for us.

POST...DONE!!

Wheres Tully?

As a regular BB "Singer" wot we need is lees people discussing stupid things a la 11 pages of this and get behind the team-who cares if it happens to be a young lad doing the chanting-seems some older members of the BB fraternity don't like to join in with kids. F*ck this arrogance-we are the mighty grecians who have some of the best away support around-because everyone gets involved for the team and its exciting.

Behind the goal at Elland Road, St.Mary's, Brizol etc. Everyone gets involved regardless of who's starting it more people need to get in the BB and do what we do away-stop talking about it and GIVE ME A C............

StixUK

as a regular bb "singer" wot we need is lees people discussing stupid things a la 11 pages of this and get behind the team-who cares if it happens to be a young lad doing the chanting-seems some older members of the bb fraternity don't like to join in with kids. F*ck this arrogance-we are the mighty grecians who have some of the best away support around-because everyone gets involved for the team and its exciting.

Behind the goal at elland road, st.mary's, brizol etc. Everyone gets involved regardless of who's starting it more people need to get in the bb and do what we do away-stop talking about it and give me a c............
c.......................................................

Wheres Tully?

progress....

StixUK

progress....
Get on...where you sing...we all follow!!

Wheres Tully?

I think I will save it for Carrow Road

Barney Singleton

Granted i do not go to many away matches due to money, time and other stuff i did go to Southampton i thought our singing was excellent. I am very much looking forward to Norwich (weather permitting) and Milton Keynes (car permitting) for our singing. Keep it up and as long we are making some sort of noise to drum up the team its all good