• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Beyond the pail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Or, as seems to have been missed by everyone so far, a witty reference to the real fans who put money in the buckets being passed round every week.
I'd be happy to change it. But it has other connotations (homophone?) so unless Jambo asks for it to be changed I'll leave it.

Last edited:

Sadgrecian

Somewhat ironic that he took off wheeler and Nicholls scored the goal that equalised. Sometimes you have to sit back and accept that Tisdale has promoted us twice and worked within a defined budget all this time. There is no fairy tale ending at the club, just accept that he does a good job with a limited budget. If you don't accept that ****** off and support another club that p**sse away money that it can't afford and eventually gets relegated and goes into administration

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
Somewhat ironic that he took off wheeler and Nicholls scored the goal that equalised. Sometimes you have to sit back and accept that Tisdale has promoted us twice and worked within a defined budget all this time. There is no fairy tale ending at the club, just accept that he does a good job with a limited budget. If you don't accept that ****** off and support another club that p**sse away money that it can't afford and eventually gets relegated and goes into administration

We have done both of those things.

Swanaldo

If you don't accept that ****** off and support another club that p**sse away money that it can't afford and eventually gets relegated and goes into administration
Yeah, that's the club we all used to support. Remember?

Leads

^ It's not really ironic.

A point is a point, we now have two weeks until the next game, hopefully Tis can regroup the players and give it a real go!

Sadgrecian

Guys, what I am saying is we have little money and a good manager. I am sure he is as p**sed as we are that he can't employ the players he wants. At least he makes the best of the limited resources he has, even if that means playing centre halves that can't distribute toffees let alone decent passes

Grecian_Jay

But he isn't making the most out of it. He also doesn't have a small a budget as people think. We're not minnows in this league.

Sadgrecian

GJ - I am sure Tis doesn't turn up everyday with the objective of failing. What more can we achieve? Perhaps his main fault is talking up the youth but persisting in playing old failures?

wemissmoxey

Perhaps his main fault is talking up the youth but persisting in playing old failures?
Five seconds ago you said:

"At least he makes the best of the limited resources he has"

Make your mind up buddy.

Sadgrecian

Hey I'm p**sed just now - give me a break missy.

What I mean is he has little money but wastes that on old failures whilst not playing the youth. He should perhaps not employ Coles, Oakley, davies, Doherty etc but instead throw jay, grimes, Nicholls, Reid, Moore taylor, Dawson etc into the fray

Status
Not open for further replies.