• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Best & Worst Christmas Presents.

berniesworld

BEST - Astro Wars electronic game by Grandstand……1981 I think (I was thirteen).

IMG_0708.jpeg

WORST - My Grandad bought me a Hornby train set, the problem was he loved train sets and I didn’t. I still think he bought it for himself really 🤣

As a compromise I used to keep it at my Nan & Grandads, and every time I went round to see them the bloody thing was always set up on their dining table in the front room (with my Grandad grinning like a Cheshire Cat)!

Stelios

Awww. Poor Grandad. He was coming from a good place. I had a basic Hornby set which I liked but was never massively ‘into’ trains. The electrics were very intermittent so ended up gathering dust

One year I really wanted a BMX and imagine my joy when a bike shaped object appeared hidden under a bed sheet on Christmas morning. I was hoping/expecting something like this:

IMG_0547.jpeg

But it turned out to be a 2nd hand BMX with ‘normal’ wheels that bore no resemblance to the image I had in my head and it looked like it had been designed by someone who’d never seen a BMX before. It also appeared to have been painted in white gloss paint by the previous owner. And it was too big. I was secretly a bit gutted

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I hear Gary Caldwell is hoping for a copy of "Need For Speed".