• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

best match

kuznetsov

The 2-0 and 0-3 wins over the G.A.W.S under Alan Ball. The first time we had played them in the league for years. The home game was on Boxing Day and I remember just wishing Christmas Day would hurry up and be over. The Shed was packed about an hour before KO. Right close to the away end, so great atmosphere. I think Steve Moran had the ball in their net in the first few mins. but it was disallowed. We absolutely battered them. Then, obviously the away game - couldn't possibly be as good, could it?

In terms of entertainment the 2-2 draw with Sunderland in the league Cup in 89/90.

Other good matches from recent years: the 2-2 draw at Shrewsbury in the conf. 2-0 down with about 5 mins remaining when up pops Flackie. Twice. Amazing celebrations from a pretty packed away end.

irishbrian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Craziest game most certainly the 3-2 v Leigh RMI. Talk about a mad injury time!
Actually I quite enjoyed another game v Leigh in 2004 as well. My book was launched, friends came over from Ireland and we won 6-1 with Andy Taylor scoring an absolute blinder.