• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

BDO World Darts Championships!

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
So after the PDC worlds we now have the BDO worlds.

Shared Coverage between the BBC and ESPN.

What did ya make of the first day?? Unfortunately missed it all due work and Not having ESPN.

Saw Martin Adams, Tony O shea won 3-0 easily.

For me although good enough to watch it isnt a patch on the PDC

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
BDO, that's the poor persons Darts championship isn't it? You know, the one all the champions bail out of in order to cut their workload and earn a decent living.

Long live darts, long live the PDC.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
BDO, that's the poor persons Darts championship isn't it? You know, the one all the champions bail out of in order to cut their workload and earn a decent living.

Long live darts, long live the PDC.
Agree. PDC is where itis at. BUt the BDO now seem willing to do something about it by getting rid of Olly Croft from the Board. They need more TV exposure and alot more money. They need to get the BBC back and properly interested in Darts.

For me the BBC would be better now to get the sort of deal they now have with the BDO for the PDC worlds surely?

Highlights of most of it with some live afternoon coverage of it and 1 semi final and the final. Wouldnt imagine Sky would be to keen on this idea though

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Problem is, MJP, the PDC goes for the whole razzmatazz. The BDO seems stuck in th dark ages in that respect, and anyone that knows their arras barely gives it the time of day. It's the likes of my grandparents that watch the BDO, and that's only once a year as a novelty.

With Sky and the PDC there's a whole host of tournaments, topped of with the Premier League of Darts and the Worlds. The BDO doesn't even scratch at the surface.

I make you right about Mr Croft, but unfortunately the horse bolted long ago.

P.S. I'm VERY biased ;)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Problem is, MJP, the PDC goes for the whole razzmatazz. The BDO seems stuck in th dark ages in that respect, and anyone that knows their arras barely gives it the time of day. It's the likes of my grandparents that watch the BDO, and that's only once a year as a novelty.

With Sky and the PDC there's a whole host of tournaments, topped of with the Premier League of Darts and the Worlds. The BDO doesn't even scratch at the surface.

I make you right about Mr Croft, but unfortunately the horse bolted long ago.

P.S. I'm VERY biased ;)
I think the problem is that deep down as a darts player(Albeit average at best lol) I think we need a unified game. Problem is whether the BDO engage with the PDC and allow them to both work together to obtain it or the the BDO runs out of cash.

I hope something can be worked out for the good of darts. Ive seen a suggestion of a 2 tiered system where the BDO runs amateur darts and the PDC runs the proffesional game. They work together to get people through the system to get to regualar tv appearance. The BBC for me needs to get our of the BDO and get with the PDC. PDC needs mainstream coverage, it needs BBC 2 coverage. ITV 4 is good but not as good as BBC COverage.

Last edited:

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
I'll stop now MJP. My ex boss/good friend is one of the directors of the PDC. ;)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll stop now MJP. My ex boss/good friend is one of the directors of the PDC. ;)
HAHAHA. Fair cop. As said for me something needs to be done to get darts unified. Its what is best for the sport. Its what is best for the players imho

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
No one interested in the BDO then lol.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
No one interested in the BDO then lol.

Nope ... any BDO dart player that's any good shifts his arse over to the PDC asp.

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
I genuinely believe I could give a few of the BDO players a run for their money, such a poor standard.