• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

BBC Price of Football Survey 2015

The BBC have compiled this years price of football survey again and its interesting to see that our cheapest ticket is comparable to the majority of others the league 2

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/bsp/hi/pdfs/14_10_15_price_of_football.pdf

However the fact that you can watch Dortmund or Valencia for less is interesting (removing the plane ticket cost over there obviously).

To put it into context my local side here a general adult ticket is about 13.20 so league 2 prices as similar.

MagzECFC

Second most expensive "top season ticket" and "top matchday ticket" in League 2 and only 4 teams cost more in league 1. Flybe stand is too expensive but I stand on the bank and probably always will so (clap)(clap)(clap).

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Usual stuff about Kiddy, this from the Telegraph

And the most expensive nosh on offer remains the famous gourmet pies served up by Kidderminster Harriers FC in the National League. At £4.50 per pie, they’re best avoided if you’re hungry.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
To those who have actually looked at it (I haven't had time yet), is it the usual load of totally ill-informed and poorly researched nonsense?

A couple of years ago it took me about 15 minutes to find overwhelming evidence that the study was complete rubbish.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
yeah it's got some glaring errors but as a broad brush it's probably still a useful insight.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I can never understand why the price of food/drink is relevant in a ground..There is ample time to eat or drink before/after a game.You do not have to purchase refreshments, but you have to buy a ticket.

Fareham Grecian

That is such a pathetic piece of writing. Just about sums up what the Telegraph has become. Takes no account of quality and therefore value for money. And whatever does 'best avoided if you're hungry' mean?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
And whatever does 'best avoided if you're hungry' mean?
Presumably meant to write "unless" rather than "if" - the Telegraph doesn't do subs anymore (much like others in the press world) so errors get through unnoticed.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I think Kidderminster enjoy the publicity if today's story on their website is anything to go by http://www.harriers.co.uk/news/article/kidderminster-harriers-launch-staunch-defence-of-pricey-match-day-pies-2744231.aspx

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member