• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ballearic Magic

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's plenty of laughing at you saying Saunders was talented! He were alright but Bauza is clearly a better player...just a bit injury prone.
You wait till Greasy Ian sees you dissing the Saunders ability, a gifted player with a dodgy knee, we never saw close to his best like we shall most likely never see what Bowser could do given a run.

MickStagraget

You wait till Greasy Ian sees you dissing the Saunders ability, a gifted player with a dodgy knee, we never saw close to his best like we shall most likely never see what Bowser could do given a run.
P'raps. However I would say the glimmers of brilliance we've seen in Gwilliam's appearances are more frequent, and better, than those we saw from Saunders. No doubt many will argue that Saunders was more of a crock than Gwilliam, but I still think that Bauza is a more exciting player.

Poultice

but I still think that Bauza is a more exciting player.
No doubt, but another terminal crock I fear.

Grecian Max

I like Bauza, has proper quality about him, but as has been said injury prone.

Then again, so is Nards and he's been frequently criticised yet now GED really coming good (as long as he stays fit!)

For me a real asset, but one we have to cross fingers with... such is life at a club like ours.

Back to the original question:-

Bauza should be an impact player from the bench in the current situation.

This may change when Jake T goes.

MickStagraget

No doubt, but another terminal crock I fear.
Time will tell. Hopefully those who make the decisions (doctors, physios, Tis) will stop trying to rush him back into play when he obviously isn't fit....like they did with Saunders.

Poultice

Time will tell. Hopefully those who make the decisions (doctors, physios, Tis) will stop trying to rush him back into play when he obviously isn't fit....like they did with Saunders.
As much as it would fit my MO to agree with you I don't think we do that, I am sure they feel the time is right when they bring people in, right or wrong they do what what they think is best for the club and the player, everyone makes mistakes.

robchave

It is for me, but what I really hate are multis, you don't know of any do you ?
If you're suggesting that's me in a different guise, then I'm afraid you're off base. But I have to agree with our new friend - disagree with certain posters at your peril. I'm afraid abuse rather than discussion is often the response.

BTW Poults, scanning back over the GB post, I couldn't see much discussion of his history of injury?

Poultice

If you're suggesting that's me in a different guise
WTF ?

Do you think the world revolves around you ?

A few of us questioned why he would be coming to us and mentioned the injury question, we were of course poo pooed by the real "Usual Suspects" who rush to defend the Cheese whatever he does.

robchave

If I thought the world revolved around me, I'd probably have more than a mere 1,000 posts.