• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Automatic Promotion

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Eoin Doyle 23, Nicky Maynard 14, Olly Palmer 12, and Jerry Yates. In addition James Vaughan scored 11 for Bradford but is now on loan in League 1.
Maynard seems to be going along nicely again despite a slow start will probably weigh in with another 20 goal haul come the end of April.

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
So bored of people giving out about Bowman. He's a grafter. He plays his role. He's contributed. He's not Romario. We're in league 2. Hes contributed to a great season so far. You can't just pluck goalscorers off trees. We've done our best with Ajose. The likes of Maynard and Doyle will be in another galaxy in terms of wages. Appreciate what we've got.

fred binneys head

I love Ryan Bowman, me.

Spoonz Red E

I love Ryan Bowman, me.
Me too.

If you look at our winning goal at Grimsby although it's Nicky Law who scores it and Randell Williams with the assist it's great to see Bowman and Joel Randell get into really good positions in the box to give other options if needed.

IndoMike

Who are.......?

IndoMike

Yes. We know Ryan is a grafter and works hard for the team. But for a big bloke he hasn't scored many goals with his head and he misses good chances, too.
The argument that he keeps the defenders occupied is not really valid : any striker will keep a defender occupied and some will keep them more occupied than others.
I see the Ryan Bowman supporters are out in force and that's fine, but the fact is that we haven't scored many goals, our goal difference is the worst amongst all around us, and in many games it's been squeaky bums on seats because we can't put teams to bed
I'm not knocking him - I've always said he is an honest pro- but I don't think he does enough to earn a "first name on the team sheet" every week : we could have tried other options sometimes.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who are.......?
We Are Exeter. Who are.....

IndoMike

We Are Exeter. Who are.....
Drink up the zider..
Ooooo. aarrrrr

Corey

Yes. We know Ryan is a grafter and works hard for the team. But for a big bloke he hasn't scored many goals with his head and he misses good chances, too.
The argument that he keeps the defenders occupied is not really valid : any striker will keep a defender occupied and some will keep them more occupied than others.
I see the Ryan Bowman supporters are out in force and that's fine, but the fact is that we haven't scored many goals, our goal difference is the worst amongst all around us, and in many games it's been squeaky bums on seats because we can't put teams to bed
I'm not knocking him - I've always said he is an honest pro- but I don't think he does enough to earn a "first name on the team sheet" every week : we could have tried other options sometimes.
While I don’t think Bowman is in any way perfect, I don’t think we have any better options that I would rather have. I definitely think we need some kind of ‘big man’ up top and Bowman is the best option we have at the moment. If we get promoted, then maybe we can start talking about a more clinical finisher to fill in that position.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
While I don’t think Bowman is in any way perfect, I don’t think we have any better options that I would rather have. I definitely think we need some kind of ‘big man’ up top and Bowman is the best option we have at the moment. If we get promoted, then maybe we can start talking about a more clinical finisher to fill in that position.
A more clinical finisher would be difficult to come by, particularly for club that is being chased by a juggernaut. Fingers crossed Ollie goes for mega bucks in the summer.