• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ashes 2013

Herschel

RIP Stanno, City Legend never to be forgotten
Agreed.

Complete and utter legend.

"The Indian Selectors left Rubbish Binney out all night........and no-one collected him..........."

:)

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
Indian Team Manager.....Madonna Can't Sing..... :)

Alistair20000

Broad is a tosser, there are few people in the world of sport that I dislike more.
Not impressed with his captaincy at the Ageas Bowl last night. Ineffective and ineffectual. The biggest gaffe was taking out the slip with Finch edging it there soon after; next ball was it ?

The people sat behind us were talking of a night in a Nottingham pub when they met Broad who was there with his drinking mate Alex Hales. They commented that you could not believe the size of his ego. I wonder whether Carberry was omitted in favour of his mate Hales ? Home ground for Carbs and superlative T20 performances this summer. I understand Nasser made the point that it was baffling to have him in the squad and not play him on his own ground. Against that, the selectors picked a single spinner Danny Briggs who is decent at T20 level but has not been bowling nearly as well this summer as in the previous two years. Tredwell should have played IMO.

Brutal hitting from Finch on a perfect pitch for T20 entertainment.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Re: Broad, it's no wonder his ego is over-inflated when you see first-hand the reaction he got last night, in spite of the weegate incident. Disappointing night, Australia's start silenced the crowd and you know there's not much going on when the Mexican waves start. Nice to see the Rose Bowl for the first time though. Hotel next door very convenient.

Alistair20000

Re: Broad, it's no wonder his ego is over-inflated when you see first-hand the reaction he got last night, in spite of the weegate incident. Disappointing night, Australia's start silenced the crowd and you know there's not much going on when the Mexican waves start. Nice to see the Rose Bowl for the first time though. Hotel next door very convenient.
Which bit of the ground were you in Fever ? The Mexican wave was started in and around Block P by the rowdies where, unusally (as one's Membership counts for nowt on international days) I found myself. It was rather lively. Unusually, the Mexican wave kicked in when Root/Bopara and Buttler were going pretty well so there was a bit going on but I guess we all knew it was a hopeless task.

feverpitch

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which bit of the ground were you in Fever ? The Mexican wave was started in and around Block P by the rowdies where, unusally (as one's Membership counts for nowt on international days) I found myself. It was rather lively. Unusually, the Mexican wave kicked in when Root/Bopara and Buttler were going pretty well so there was a bit going on but I guess we all knew it was a hopeless task.
i was in block p too. temporary blue seats. :) it was a bit unfortunate. better to have batted first?!

Alistair20000

i was in block p too. temporary blue seats. :) it was a bit unfortunate. better to have batted first?!
Small world innit. Those seats were bleddy cramped and did my knees in. I would almost say feckin' dire.

Not sure if it would have been better to bat first or not. I just feel we bowled badly and served up a fair bit of dross that got punished. Brutal Finch hitting only comes off once in a while. It was a great pitch for a 20/20 though.

Dylan

I only buy 'Ground Entry' when I go to Taunton.

grecian greg

Well-known Exeweb poster
the DVD is out on Saturday #shopping!