• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Apologies from Gillingham

VOR

We heard and saw this incident yesterday and were very surprised that his actions only warranted a quiet work by the stewards.

If swearing at and threatening a party of young kids does not get you thrown out of at least the "family grandstand", I am not sure what will get you ejected!

As a club, I think we should consider whether the mix of enthusiastic young kids and the away support can still share a block of the stand. With the Doble stand quite sparse at the away end why not put one of the groups there, before a more serious incident occurs?

tisdale 1

Resigned
If swearing at and threatening a party of young kids does not get you thrown out of at least the "family grandstand", I am not sure what will get you ejected!
standing up and chanting at bradford will!:mad:

heathy1

Very well known Exeweb poster
We heard and saw this incident yesterday and were very surprised that his actions only warranted a quiet work by the stewards.

As a club, I think we should consider whether the mix of enthusiastic young kids and the away support can still share a block of the stand. With the Doble stand quite sparse at the away end why not put one of the groups there, before a more serious incident occurs?
So an Exeter fan gets chucked out against Stafford last year for celebrating a goal but grown men abusing ten year olds goes unpunished, absolutely shocking baby

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
So an Exeter fan gets chucked out against Stafford last year for celebrating a goal but grown men abusing ten year olds goes unpunished, absolutely shocking baby
Yeah but mental Miller is a headcase Heathy - we all know that. In Jim Eastment we trust baby ^o)... I also totally endorse that high-pitched announcement from the kid before the game that asked us all to respect the referees, stop swearing, stop shouting at the linesman and remember your pleases and thank you's. Football is turning into a game for louts and loutesses and it has got to stop.

Instead of singing "the referee's a w*nker" we should sing "we believe the last decision by the honourable official was erroneous, yet we respect his decision and applaud his credentials as a football league referee". Gets the point across without bad language.

There's too much hatred in the football world baby

Early Bath

I also totally endorse that high-pitched announcement from the kid before the game
Probably the only announcement that I could hear clearly and understand all afternoon!

Fulsy beware! :) ;)

davidjenkin

Well-known Exeweb poster
Backing our manager like I always have. Geddon Tis
Probably the only announcement that I could hear clearly and understand all afternoon!

Fulsy beware! :) ;)
It was loud, and high-pitched wasn't it! I bet dogs up and down Devon were wondering what was going on!!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
"As a club, I think we should consider whether the mix of enthusiastic young kids and the away support can still share a block of the stand. With the Doble stand quite sparse at the away end why not put one of the groups there, before a more serious incident occurs?"

The club employed this whilst in the conference. Unfortunately league rules preclude this because away supporters must have their own facilities (catering and lavatories etc). Because of this, we were forced to put the away fans back in the Old Grandstand. Out of our hands unfortunately.

STURTZ

Got to agree that the Gills central defenders were dire. We didn't put much pressure on them second half but what they had to do they did very badly!

LammieLammieLammie

Funny game, football. Gillingham looked like a lower level conference side, and Bradford looked like Real Madrid against us.

How on earth they were in the top 10 before yesterday if they have been playing like that...

denzel

"As a club, I think we should consider whether the mix of enthusiastic young kids and the away support can still share a block of the stand. With the Doble stand quite sparse at the away end why not put one of the groups there, before a more serious incident occurs?"

The club employed this whilst in the conference. Unfortunately league rules preclude this because away supporters must have their own facilities (catering and lavatories etc). Because of this, we were forced to put the away fans back in the Old Grandstand. Out of our hands unfortunately.
Surely away fans in the OG share the toilets and catering with the home fans? Or have I missed something??