• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Anybody else...........

dommers

However, I haven't been to Orient but somewhere there must be associated carparking with those developments.
Why does there have to be car parking?

DJH2005

If the Student plans dont come to fruition then looking at a Hotel on the site could be a idea. We will wait and see.
Who would want to use a hotel on Well St, it's hardly a convenient, or attractive location to holidaymakers or businessmen?

Seems an odd place to me, is all.

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Why does there have to be car parking?
It's extremely difficult to get any scheme past the planners without associated off street parking.

GrecianWonder

I don't know if they have car parking or not, but I wouldn't assume they definitely do. A lot of property in London does not have parking, and far less people have cars. That's not to say we wouldn't need car parking though, either way.
there were basically garages underneath at ground level. Saw Perryman come out after parking his car. There were quite a few more round the side for the residents as well

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
............think that the ground development with the posh new stands and all that student accommodation ain't ever gonna happen ?
It will happen, but it will be made of Lego..

dommers

It's extremely difficult to get any scheme past the planners without associated off street parking.
It depends really on the planner though doesn't it. Some of the work I'm involved in is looking at less than 1 car parking space per 3 flats/houses whilst most business developments now have less parking spaces than people needing them.

GrecianLez

Administrator
Staff member
I reckon by end of 12 beginning of 2013 it will of started

Tada

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Not really - I thought most of the student developments that have gone up in Exeter in recent years were done under the proviso that they would be "car-free"?

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not really - I thought most of the student developments that have gone up in Exeter in recent years were done under the proviso that they would be "car-free"?
You have misunderstood me Jason. I am talking about developments of the type at Leyton Orient. I have already stated that we could only use developments at St. James' Park that do not require associated parking,i.e. either student accommodation or key worker flats.

I hope it happens. Give me something to do at half-time during f*** a fresher week.