• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Another cup run

citizen33

Sitting pretty as we are in the JPT, I thought people might be interested in this link that I just came across.

http://www.freewebs.com/captainbeecher/1931exetercity.htm

I hope this hasn't been posted here before. I was lucky enough to meet Charlie Miller back in my (long-gone) student days. He was a club stalwart who deserves the occasional mention in those 'best team ever' threads.

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Cheers, quite an interesting read ... :)

oldschool

My grandad used to tell a story of waiting outside the express & echo offices for a man to appear with the result from sunderland

grecianfaniow

We used a f*cking seagull as a mascot??, shhh dont tell the chipnickers that or we will never here the end of it :S

citizen33

Not only that - and whisper this quietly - we wore green when we started playing.

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
Not only that - and whisper this quietly - we wore green when we started playing.
Worse still, we pay 150 grand for GREEN grass out of our own pockets.

It makes me feel sick every time I visit The Park. Surely we could genetically modify it to be red.

stateless

Worse still, we pay 150 grand for GREEN grass out of our own pockets.

It makes me feel sick every time I visit The Park. Surely we could genetically modify it to be red.
is there any football league rule that says the playing surface has to be green? Could we not genetically modify it? I wouldn't want astroturf, which can be any colour - but coloured grass? maybe use some kind of waterproof colouring, isn't it the chlorophyll that makes it green.. if we could implant a red chlorophyll into the seed for next season.. then why not? where are the exeweb biologists?

Serious(ish) question..

spanky

exeweb.com eejit
Staff member
is there any football league rule that says the playing surface has to be green? Could we not genetically modify it? I wouldn't want astroturf, which can be any colour - but coloured grass? maybe use some kind of waterproof colouring, isn't it the chlorophyll that makes it green.. if we could implant a red chlorophyll into the seed for next season.. then why not? where are the exeweb biologists?

Serious(ish) question..
Love it. Lets get to work on it.

It would certainly get publicity... and could even be sponsored...

*Gets on phone to Dexter in his laboratory*

grecianfaniow

Red grass f*cking brilliant publicity stunt! with faint white grass stripes as well not interfering with the markings of course :)

Red the Paper

Banned
Derby County Side 1:Jack Kirby, 2:Tommy Cooper, 3:George Collin, 4:Jack Nicholas, 5:Freddie Jessop, 6:Gavin Malloch, 7:Sammy Crooks, 8:George Stephenson, 9:Jack Bowers, 10:peter Ramage, 11:George Mee

Has any side in history ever included such an array of famous people?

The smiley things just appeared. Not of my doing...probably the old master Tommy Cooper at work

Last edited: