• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Andy Bishop

Elton White

Tell us something we dont know ;)
All the best for Saturday.
Like I said to a few blokes outside a pub in Aldershot last weekend, win, lose or draw, lets just hope we see a damn good game of football.
Man, I wasn't disapointed there!!!

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
As you have probably seen or been told, we play a good, attractive game of football on the floor. Its the best football ive seen at the club for a number of years! should be a crackin game.

Elton White

As you have probably seen or been told, we play a good, attractive game of football on the floor. Its the best football ive seen at the club for a number of years! should be a crackin game.
Same as us, mate.
When we played you last year, we had Casper and Keith Alexander (Macclesfield) in charge, and as you know from your recent away trip, Keef's a hoof ball merchant, and you wiped the floor with them.
It's great that this league is developing into a more attractive style.
Best football we've seen for 10 years or more!!!

londonboy80

He's still a top player. Great instinct and movement, even though he's in his thirties.
Another bloke we've got who's also in his 30's is ex-Nigerian international Efe Sodje.
All arms and legs, great defender, 2 goals in 9 already this season, and out of his 11 clubs (!) he's been promoted 9 times. A born winner.
Should be a great game on Saturday with the amount of quality on show - will be interesting to see if Tisdale goes for the first half approach at Bradford where he looked to negate their creative threat by putting 5 across the middle or if he goes 4-3-3 like at Macc. I think if we score first it could be very interesting but if Bury score first they will most probably shut up shop. I thought Sodje had retired or was in the non leagues by now.. Didn't he have a stint at Macc or was that another Sodje?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Efe Sodje came to prominence at Macc, played against us in their first FL season when they were promoted and played us on the last day.

LammieLammieLammie

Very well known Exeweb poster
Same as us, mate.
When we played you last year, we had Casper and Keith Alexander (Macclesfield) in charge, and as you know from your recent away trip, Keef's a hoof ball merchant, and you wiped the floor with them.
Indeed, and CC is one of Tis best friends from their Team Bath days. I think the victory over KA's Maccs was particularly pleasing for him. ;)

Elton White

Should be a great game on Saturday with the amount of quality on show - will be interesting to see if Tisdale goes for the first half approach at Bradford where he looked to negate their creative threat by putting 5 across the middle or if he goes 4-3-3 like at Macc. I think if we score first it could be very interesting but if Bury score first they will most probably shut up shop. I thought Sodje had retired or was in the non leagues by now.. Didn't he have a stint at Macc or was that another Sodje?
The Shakers WILL NOT shut up shop at 1-0 or even 2-0.
In the unlikely event of us going 3-0 up (I say unlikely, but it would be the 3rd time this season), then Knill would swap a striker for a holding midfielder, but Knill's thinking is that anyone can beat anyone in this league on their day, and after last week at Aldershot, he won't take anything for granted.

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Efe Sodje came to prominence at Macc, played against us in their first FL season when they were promoted and played us on the last day.
Yes I remember Effing Sodje from those days. Must be getting on a bit having been with 11 clubs.

Elton White

Yes I remember Effing Sodje from those days. Must be getting on a bit having been with 11 clubs.
34, but still a great player.
His first game for Bury, he hid behind Stockports keeper Logan, and when he put the ball down to kick it up field, he ran round him and got the ball. Logan dragged him down and was sent off for his trouble.
Sodje's been a legend at Bury ever since.
Very commited and brave defender who also has an eye for goal.

Ellisthegreek

Well-known Exeweb poster
Very commited and brave defender who also has an eye for goal.
Matt Taylor anyone??