• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ajose

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster

This describes the Ajose situation in October 2019.
Previous to that he was on loan from Charlton to Mansfield but was returned to Charlton in April 2019 due to injury.
A complete and utter dead loss.As soon as we can get shot the better , just pray his contract ends this summer. For all our professed goal prowess , imagine how we would have done if Ajose had been as handy and fit as Taylor obviously thought he was when he signed them. Why we might even have made the autos last term with his goals and been in League 1 now. Big , big mistake which is seemingly being glossed over by all and sundry and maybe being pushed to the back of Taylor’s mind until he can get rid.

Trapdoor

Remember smoking with Logie at Timepiece, peak times
You can't be a true City fan if youve not seen Logie on the lash in TP.

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
I agree. I liked Logie as much as the next man / woman, but seems a little ironic that we're celebrating someone who's pretty much acknowledged he didn't apply himself as he might have done on a thread where Ajose is being roundly slated for the exact same reason.
I'm pretty sure Logie himself may even agree that he wasn't exactly the best trainer and could have don so much more in his career. However, 47 goals in 193 games to me is a decent return. I really liked Logie and in the big games he certainly delivered. He was popular then and is still popular with many City fans today

Pete Martin (CTID)

Logan's overall record in the football league was very poor, his ability allowed him to be a lazy fecker in the conference however he didn't get away with it in the football league.

Also you say he gave his all and did his absolute best, surely this is rose tinting at it's most generous. Many City fans would describe him as lazy and lacking motivation, not sure that equates to giving his all etc.
Darned good job he was suitably motivated that memorable day against Rotherham in League 2 on 2nd May 2009 though, eh?

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Darned good job he was suitably motivated that memorable day against Rotherham in League 2 on 2nd May 2009 though, eh?
Under Tiz Logie was joint highest (with Ryan Harley) goalscorer (20) in League One bettering Nardiello and Cureton and is 22nd in the all time goalscorers list. To me Logie will always be a City legend

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Under Tiz Logie was joint highest (with Ryan Harley) goalscorer (20) in League One bettering Nardiello and Cureton and is 22nd in the all time goalscorers list. To me Logie will always be a City legend
What were his football league stats season by season ?? Do you have these to hand ??

tonykellowfan

If you look at Ajose's scoring record for us it is far better then Seymour's.

Ajose has got to be worth a place on the bench when we are playing 2 games a week.

Grecian Max

I really don’t remember Logie getting 20 League 1 goals...

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
How does Ajose’s case compare with Jonathan Forte who I seem to remember was retired part way through the season a while back. Didn’t the latter retire under some sort of insurance deal and if Ajose is similarly crocked why can’t he do the same? Or will Ajose suddenly come to life again as soon as he signs for another team?
It stirred up memories for me of Neil Saunders who we carried for three years with injuries under dear old Tis way back when.Ironically didn’t he arrive from Team Bath with Taylor?
A costly lesson for Taylor in more ways than one.
He can't retire, take a payout from an insurance company, then start playing for another club. He'd have to repay the payout.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I really don’t remember Logie getting 20 League 1 goals...
I thought the same.

I presume it was over several seasons, even then I'm not sure the culmination was that many in league 1.

In the football league I generally remember Logan being a 5 a season man, i.e. his football league record was generally dire.

Last edited: