• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Aidy Boothroyd to Coventry

Jim Shepherd

No, not a Tisdale to Colchester? thread but why do clubs continue taking managers off the "merry-go-round"?

Where is their imagination to pick someone a little bit green from the tree?

Lee Clark anyone?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Very strange appointment by Coventry. Boothroyd has dined off one decent season, his teams play awful Football and, if what fans have said is to be believed, he tends to offer contracts that are far in excess of worth (e.g. Odejayi rumoured to be on £8K per week!).

I remember when we were trialling a Watford youngster a couple of seasons back (Campana?), I asked a Watford-supporting colleague about him. The gist of the reply was "Campana is a good player with plenty of skills, hence why he'd never get in the side under Boothroyd".

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
The other way of looking at it, and probably the way Cov see it, is that he settles in quickly and teands to get results. Being in the CCC won't phase him either.

As far as we are concerned, I guess this is a problem for Colchester and that's no bad thing. We could even overtake them next season.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Paul Buckle is off to Colchester. He was linked to the job when it became vacant earlier in the season.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Colchester fans not exactly sad to see him go, I believe.

crocks

Very well known Exeweb poster
Paul Buckle is off to Colchester. He was linked to the job when it became vacant earlier in the season.
That'll improve Torquay's chances next season then.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Colchester to be next seasons Stockport County then. Argiggle 23rd, so just the 2 places to avoid next season, we should have safety wrapped up by March then :)

LOG

Hmmm.

He was approached but the story goes that the Torquay board wanted a £150k pay off, which they weren't prepared to make.

Now that Torquay are officially "cash strapped" (i like that phrase) though, then who knows....