• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield Memorial Trophy v Yeovil

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Looks like a lot of rain coming across Exeter this afternoon/evening. Will the pitch be up to it?
Why did I have to ask? Might have been all right otherwise. :D

Grecian_in_Plymouth

we are trying to arrange this for when City and Yeovil are at home. but a 10:00am kick off so that the Yeovil supporters can get back to watch thier game. preferable date looks like the 28th Jan, dependent upon pitch availability..

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Gutted its off , so looking foward to it.

StixUK

Bit surprised it was off actually. Suspect they were ultra cautious with heavy match schedule.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bit surprised it was off actually. Suspect they were ultra cautious with heavy match schedule.
When I spoke to the Topsham Chairman last night he was saying they only just managed to get their game on, on Saturday and by the end of the game it resembled a mud bath. He really didnt want to call it off and was looking forward to hosting it but with more rain forecast overnight (which it did!) and its currently raining now as I type this, he was left with little choice.

:(

StixUK

When I spoke to the Topsham Chairman last night he was saying they only just managed to get their game on, on Saturday and by the end of the game it resembled a mud bath. He really didnt want to call it off and was looking forward to hosting it but with more rain forecast overnight (which it did!) and its currently raining now as I type this, he was left with little choice.

:(
I suppose. Just was looking really forward to it and it was the worst month that we could have had the fixture. Well hopefully will have a good chance of winning the re-arranged as they shouldn't bring down any of their Saturday players as they won't have enough time to get back, so might actually have some Yeovil supporters playing!!

oldcity

I suppose. Just was looking really forward to it and it was the worst month that we could have had the fixture. Well hopefully will have a good chance of winning the re-arranged as they shouldn't bring down any of their Saturday players as they won't have enough time to get back, so might actually have some Yeovil supporters playing!!
That's worth a shout, although one problem shouts out to me and that is

"pitch" where are we going to get one from, not joking but to play on a Saturday on any of the local pitches is not going to happen, we won't be allowed to play on pitch in the morning before any Clubs first team play in the afternoon, and if the first team is away the reserves will be home, we might have to leave to later in the season

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's worth a shout, although one problem shouts out to me and that is

"pitch" where are we going to get one from, not joking but to play on a Saturday on any of the local pitches is not going to happen, we won't be allowed to play on pitch in the morning before any Clubs first team play in the afternoon, and if the first team is away the reserves will be home, we might have to leave to later in the season
You say that Al but thats what happened down at the Civil service club last season

Grecian_in_Plymouth

we will do our best to get this game played on a Sat in Exeter.

StixUK

Good show Glyn, positive mental attitude!