• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield Memorial Trophy - City fans V Yeovil fans Saturday 18th May

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just to bring this your attention, it's that time of year where the ECFC and Yeovil supporters teams contest the Adam Stansfield Memorial Trophy.

The match is taking place on Saturday 18th May at Elmore FC's Horsdon Park ground in Tiverton who are kindly letting us use the pitch free of charge with an 11:30am kick off. This will be the 5th meeting between the 2 supporters teams since we started playing them in Stanno's memory back in 2010 so if you are free then please do pop along and support this if you can, the matches are always played in great spirit and feedback from previous matches by people watching them said they are enjoyable encounters. Entrance is free but the AS9 stall will be there selling merchandise and all match fees from both sets of players go to AS9 as well. The Elmore clubhouse will be open for the duration and will also be showing the League 2 playoff final between Bradford and Northampton on the screens in the bar after we've played out our match hence the 11:30 kick off.

City fans currently hold the trophy after a 3-0 victory over the Glovers fans last year at Topsham but they won it on the previous 3 occasions so hopefully we'll go out and retain the trophy again but ultimately Stanno is always the winner as we play in his memory.

Elmore Football Club
Horsdon Park,
Heathcoat Way,
Tiverton,
Devon.
EX16 4DB.

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster

Red and White Zider

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just doing a cheeky bump with this one folks. Taking place tomorrow, pop along if you can?

:)

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have been told that I'll be coming on as a sub so please refrain from laughing when I shin a Yeovil corner into the goal.

Hopefully there'll be plenty of funds raised for AS9, even more given the sunny forecast I hope!

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
There is a nice clubhouse at Elmore,so if you are like me, and have not played since John Major was PM.It is a good place to have a ale..Though i am going to be a bit more careful after supping a little too much when the fixture was played at Topsham Town last season...:D....

Redvee

Good luck to all taking part, hope theres lots of money raised. Well done to you all.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

I am given to understand that a well known City SUPPORTING legend might be trying to squeeze his size tens into Curo's dinky size 7 boots that he recently purchased on auction night.

Can't make it myself :( but it might be well worth seeing if he could ketchup with their marauding attackers?)

Rog H K

Have a greaty day one and all, sun is out[y]. Sorry won't be there today. Bring home the silver![y]

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well done City. Trophy retain after winning 3-1.

Banksy

Not the right place I know , but Bradford winning 3-0 after half an hour in the L2 final. What could have been if we hadn't let them overhaul us. reckon with a full team we could have taken Northampton as they are. Looking forward to Yeovil winning tomorrow!