• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Adam Stansfield 1978-2010

flakey pasty

I've just heard this awful news.
Adam was City through and through. He wanted to play for us. He was one of us.
I'm so sad and my sympathy goes to his family and all who were his friends at City.
Just terrible.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is really sad, he was so young and obviously such a good man. The first time I saw him play was on an internet stream and he scored, Oxford at home I think. What a huge contributor to the history of the club. A legend without doubt.

TranmereRich

R.I.P Adam.
A great player and a model professional. I remember seeing him play and was the type of player that chased everything and never gave up.
Condolences to his family and friends, from a Tranmere fan

Scooterboy 65

RIP Adam such a loss of a great player.
My thoughts are with his family and friends at this sad time.

RIP Adam

Sending my heartfelt condolences to Adam's family and all Exeter City fans.

Last edited:

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
Apologies if this has been mentioned already but has training at the C&F been cancelled for today?
I should imagine Tis would want to get the lads in today, this will affect some much more than others, grief shared is much more than grief halved, carrying on is what Stanno would have done had fate given him the chance.

Somewhere it has been posted that the players were given the option to pull out of last night's game, none did, Stanno would have been proud to see his mates stand up and do it for themselves, the club, the fans, and most importantly for him, although I suspect that he would not have added the "most importantly" bit, he doesn't strike me as having been a "me" kind of guy.

Re-reading this thread, and some of the others from the family of football that have sprung up overnight, has made me quite melancholy, it shouldn't, remembering the sheer exuberance with which Stanno played it would be wrong to sour his memory with misery and self pity, we have all lost a friend but we should rejoice in the memories he gave us, not wallow in our loss.

With that I am going to make a cup of tea and scoff a couple of foxes biscwits, just to remind myself of what I have still got rather than what we have all lost.

The players should train, I should drink tea, and we should all make a special effort to turn up at Dagenham on Saturday, easy for me to say I know, but the lads, and the Club, need our support now and the coming weeks more than ever.

RIP Stanno.

UTC.

little kev

Shocking news. Heard last night and still isn't really sinking in.
Adam played with the commitment that you or I would have wanted to give if we were ever priviliged enough to pull on a City shirt.
God bless you and your family Adam. We won't forget you.

I have sat here this morning and read each and every one of the posting on this and many other threads.
It is clear to all that knew Adam as both a player for which ever team he was playing for or had personal dealings with him, that not only was he a fantastic footballer giving 100% each and every game in which he played but he was also kind hearted, honest and caring human who was willing to give him time to anyone who asked for it.
We have been blessed to have seen Adam at St James Park over the last 4 years and feel robbed that he will no longer grace us with his presence.
I sincerely hope that the club are able to put a fitting tribute together that is in keeping with Adam. I would suggest that the club have an Adam Stansfield award for the most honest and hardworking player that shows some of the qualities Adam had in abundance.
I would like the club to have the Dagenham and Redbridge postponed, and for a minutes silence at our home match against Bristol Rovers and the retirement of the number 9 shirt for at least this season and next.
The sadness of our feelings must be minute to those of his family and friends and my deepest condolences are extended to his wife and children.

Adam Stansfield, Grecian legend. R.I.P

AlphaDevil2

I was shocked when I heard of this last night, and I still am.

Theres not much more that I can say that has not been said already. Adam was a true fighter and a true Exeter City Legend and will always be in our thoughts

Tranmere Pete

I remember when you came to play us toward the end of last season & there were a few banners wishing him well. It was obvious he was held in very high esteem. Gone far too soon. RIP.

Last edited by a moderator: